News (beta) Multiplayer Rankings

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    maybe you should just checkout how much time and effort that "one guy" spends listening to people taking suggestions and working towards the greater good of the game and community
    im finding your post' a little erksome now , so i shall politely ask you to moderate yourself before i feel i have too

Andi

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. TheOutdriver97

TheOutdriver97 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I think I started this discussion on closed qualifying back on page 10 (so apologies for tossing that grenade over the wall :rolleyes:).

Since then @MarcG and @J-F Chardon gave perfectly well reasoned answers as to why this change was made so I'm happy enough with that. Yes I think it would be good to change practice to 10 minutes so time spent racing is equal to time spent in practice and qualifying but others may not agree and Sector3 have plenty of time to experiment and decide what works best.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. canF1

canF1 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    i like wabbits
    @TheOutdriver97 I admire your strength :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2020
  4. Vince Wheel

Vince Wheel Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Since the ranked servers have started, I did regularly a few race (59), not very fast of course, but try to drive as clean as I could (rep. 97,2).
    So the best I could reach was the page 3, afterward, I did nothing for a while, then got back to see I was now in page 4, it's ok, I guess the competition is fierce! :)

Then I recently see that participating in GT3 server with a Mustang (like this car:) isn't possible, only a few gt3 are allowed.. is it really a question of Bop? I thought the GT3 class has been already revisited (last year or something?..)

Also, by seeing the blue color today, I discovered that I couldn't enter the GT3 server europe anyway, due to my ranking (1536.9).
    At the begining, I thought that clean driving was the important point.
    Only 1,5 page on 20 pages being allowed to GT3 server is quite a rough competition.
    Perhaps it is expected to evoluate in a way or in another in the future. what do you think?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  5. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Mustang would be considered a legacy car and would be about 1s off pace of the newest gt3 cars, so I can see why it wouldnt be allowed. You would be at a distinct disadvantage.

6. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    It's not strength dipshit, it's maturity, something your posts tend to omit.
    It's been explained to perfection, micro stutters can affect all Sims and shouldn't have to be tolerated in Quali, this way they are eliminated, prey what the hell don't you get?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. canF1

canF1 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    i completely agree , i am being aa bit of a niugget and apologies

edited by Andi ; i think google translate is failing and going from whatever language to idiot .....

@canF1 last warning , bored of you and your narky posts

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2020
  8. canF1

canF1 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    @Andi Goodwin You are only the one who uses google translate :d

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I`m sure I`ll get a lot of red X`s for this but anyway:
    I would suggest that this has been a failed experiment. At 19:00 tonight, there were just 31 people in the 6 European servers, and 21 of those were in the free content server.
    Unfortunately, this is not a one-off occurence; it`s the same every day. The ranking system just hasn`t caught on.
    I have no idea what can be done to get it going, or even if anything can.
    Does anyone have suggestions?
    The thing is, if the whole thing were just scrapped, I don`t think anyone would care, which is a shame.

10. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    I don’t see it as a failure at all. I hope it’s sorta a jumping off point.

If you look at the 12+ thousand people who have competed and continue to do so, its a pretty decent success.

I personally came back to Raceroom due to this and the new suspension/tire physics. It needed both. I’m only doing ranked and private servers in fact.

I’d hope more personal servers will deploy minimum safety ratings forcing people to learn how to behave on track.

The way the incidents are collected from victims leaves a lot to be desired. The sure amount of false/foul laps a person can have in a single session (basically every lap of a race) leaves a lot to be desired. I’m also seeing very very fast drivers who have safety ratings in the low 70 to 60’s range which is just sad/disappointing.

However, despite this I really don’t think you can call it a failure. Hopefully it will improve, but still feel this has given new life to raceroom and given me some great competition/races - which 4 months ago was so rare I stopped playing

• Like Like x 1
  11. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    The current Euro car and track combos are not very interesting - 1 lap of the Nordschleife in the NSU, anyone? The free content server is a rating killer due to the high chance of a monster pile up at the first corner so people who care will not risk it. TCR is only 2019 spec so those like me with only 2018 cars are out. The GT2 one is alright and quite busy when the most widely owned tracks are on cycle.

12. Peter1512

Peter1512 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Just yesterday I participated in a GT3 race (Nuerburgring) on a ranked Server. There were 25 cars in the race and it was awesome. I just would like to know how I can look up my ranking......

13. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    http://game.raceroom.com/multiplayer-rating/

note there are like 15 pages you may have to sort through..

14. Peter1512

Peter1512 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I'll have to take the afternoon off to look through that list ;-)
    Would be nice the numbers would show up in the player profile.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Go to the RaceRoom Discord Channel. There is an AI bot called "RaceRoomAI". Just start a private chat with the bot and type

!rank YourIngameName

YourIngameName
    is the name you use when you drive, not your profile name.

The bot will take a second and answer with a small box containing your ranking info and a link directly to your position in the list.

• Winner Winner x 2
  16. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    That will happen at some point. In the meantime, if you're on the RR discord if you type " !rank <in game name> " it will tell you all you stats automatically.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Peter1512

Peter1512 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Guys! That is brilliant, thank you :)

18. Peter1512

Peter1512 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Page 10 #4657
    Ranked Races 3
    Reputation 81.9
    Rating 1499.3
    Total laps 484
    Total distance 11 375.0 km
    Total time in game 4d 7h 13m

• Like Like x 2
  19. Divad Coldhourd

Divad Coldhourd New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Any chance we'll ever see some ranked server using DTM/90s DTM, or some formula cars like FR X-17 or Indycar?
    Especially the DTM servers, it's a shame this sim has these incredible cars and no ranked servers. Is there a particular reason?

20. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    The ranked servers change around content from time to time and there has usually been a DTM92 one on the go so it will probably come back soon.