News (beta) Multiplayer Rankings

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Jan 8, 2020.

1. geoffers

geoffers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Click on the server you are interested in & the info panel will appear on the right with full details of the race & requirements.

• Like Like x 2
  2. MattYKee

MattYKee Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    This is my point! No one wants to be racing on empty or near enough empty servers no matter the combo. Theres no incentive for people to either improve or dedicate time to those combos.

I wanna see people on the servers. It is obvious theres people interested because i see them jump in during practice only to leave befrore the race. Most joiners leave the server after they've turned a few laps. (about 6 early leavers at the laguna Seca Enduro, 8 left at quali/practice the DTM 2020 at Bathurst enduro. The way competitive games are they feed into peoples anxiety its not toxic but its a very daunting and intimidating environment.

Every Multiiplayer and competitive multiplayer game does give rewards to keep people interested and to reward that investment. "the player experience is always good is not going to win any new members who arent already involved in the games active community".

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I have no idea who you are but here you go mate, group c endurance. Screenshot from Georg's livestream:
    upload_2020-12-1_21-24-43.png

I could not drive the last couple weeks due to a wrist injury, will be back in a week or two.

edit:
    DTM 2020 are much harder to drive than let's say GTR3. And if there are enough people, they are often several seconds off the pace which is discouraging I guess. Harder to drive cars without TC are not very popular. If people have issues keeping them on track, they will not drive ranked.
    You have rewards: rating. I personally do not care much. My rewards are great battles or keeping up with / beating very fast people. Before Raceroom ranked I basically never raced in multiplayer. While the player base could be bigger, it is still very playable at prime time like europe evening / weekend.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  4. NicoCL68

NicoCL68 Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    For the moment there are only 15 minutes races. Is any idea to add longer races ?

5. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Everey Wednesday evening is an endurance race where you can participate when you have 75 or 80 rep and a rating of over 1600.

6. geoffers

geoffers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Following the new update, will false starts be on or off on the ranked servers?

7. Rafael Jiménez

Rafael Jiménez Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I don't know if this has been discussed, but it would be nice to have a championship ranking, Audi Tt, DTM, WTCR, etc...
    I understand that the variety of races and cars is fun, but I think the championship ranking gives a lot of immersion.
    Thank you

8. CaptainCoffee

CaptainCoffee Esports Manager Beta tester

Ratings:
    +196 / 0 / -0
    False starts will be off for a while, but be sure to do some practice already

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. NicoCL68

NicoCL68 Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    No ranked multiplayer this week ?

10. CaptainCoffee

Ratings:
    +196 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately not. There was a bug with processing the results from races. Once that bug is fixed, the ranked servers will come back (soontm)

11. ShonoSF

ShonoSF New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    I've started ranked races yesterday, and finished some rounds on Rookie servers. Though I can not see any updates on my rating, so I'm curious: am I missing something?

upload_2020-12-27_14-11-55.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ShonoSF

ShonoSF New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  13. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Yes. The posting directly above yours.

14. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Well judging by that the bug should be fixed by now ;)

15. ShonoSF

ShonoSF New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    off topic:
    THX for your conducive help. #349-350 was about servers (there were no ranked servers at all). Servers are up again, joinable, playable. As I mentioned I've already completed some rounds. My problem was about data processing but I've found the answer.
    Anyway, thank you for your most valuable time.

16. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Are you no longer allowed to leave during quali (without losing ranking/reputation) or is that just part of the bugs occurring at the moment?

17. houssen

houssen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    the problem remains the same

I don't get anything in this option either

some other option ?

18. CaptainCoffee

Ratings:
    +196 / 0 / -0
    The ranked servers are back up, but results aren't processed at this moment. That will happen later this week / soon tm

19. houssen

houssen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  20. NicoCL68

NicoCL68 Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Yesterday Saturday 9 I ran two races in Daytona GTR3. In the second, the server kicked me out, perhaps due to high ping when qualifyng is finished, and as a result I had more than 9 reputation points subtracted. Is this reasonable?

• Agree Agree x 1