News (beta) Multiplayer Rankings

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Joakim Tärnström

Joakim Tärnström Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Since the race is already lost if you are wrecked, damage doesn´t matter for the driver being wrecked anyways. However, if the wrecker can safely continue (and it is pretty much safe to wreck somebody from behind if you chose the right spot) at speed with only a few reputation points as a penalty, I would say that is pretty artificial too. Given that the risk of damage in real racing is the greatest deterrent for intentional wrecking or wreckless driving, I think the same could be true of simracing. I fully appreciate that we can´t have a realistic damage model, which would end most sim races after a lap, but some sort of relationship between incident points and damage could be implemented.

• Like Like x 1
  2. amg_aku

amg_aku New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    About dmg, I think the worst problem is when someone hits you sending your car to the wall, and your engine blown up.

In this case you receive 4 or 6 incident points, and even your race score was 0 before the hit, you become DNF and -6 or -7 rating points will arrive to your profile (had souffer this 2 days ago).

• Like Like x 2
  3. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    I think this is an interesting topic, but I have no opinion on if it's a good idea for open multiplayer.

In single player, cars really are way too sturdy while suspension is much weaker, sometimes too weak, and I even wanted to create a thread about that. An option for more realistic damage would be fine for league races, I guess. Maybe that'll be a good testing ground to make a decision about ranked servers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    There's a trend developing where drivers who do poorly, or fail to set a time in qualifying are bailing out of the ranked servers before the race session begins. It's a shame, but understandable. Whereas a low grid position might have previously been taken as a challenge come race time, now it's deemed not worth the substantial, and almost inevitable, direct hit on the players rating & reputation if they go on to compete in the race.

5. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    This should get fixed when there is a proper matchmaking system. I honestly have no desire to do a 30 min or more race with aliens well above my level, superior cars for the track I don´t own or with noobs I can easily beat but risk getting taken out by so I will bail before a race if I see the room is not to my liking - ranked or not.

6. Kalanur

Kalanur New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I haven't seen people disconnect in qualifying yet even though there were other drivers with over 2k rating on the server. But I always thought that if you are already in qualifying, you are already registered for the race, will be placed last in the race, and will lose rating and reputation anyway even though you don't participate in the race anymore.

7. geoffers

geoffers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    No, you can leave unpenalised at any time during qualifying. You will be penalised if you leave after qualifying has finished but before the race has started.

8. Kalanur

Kalanur New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I have seen it today, you are right. 30 people entered the qualifying and only 27 made it to the race. One of the 3 quitters had a high rating but I guess he quitted because of another one with a rating of over 2k. People should count as registered when they enter the qualifying because they are blocking the spots for potential other racers. There is plenty of time during the practice session to leave.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. 16sth

16sth Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I had someone quit in qualifying with about 10 seconds to go. I was in the pits and didn't see them quit. Ended up doing a race by myself as I wasn't going to quit once on the grid.

Instead of no penalty, what about an incentive? 1 or 2 rating points if you complete qualy and enter the race, (if there are more than say 3 drivers?)

10. boban666

boban666 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I can't find any information anywhere. How can I make my name on the car. Several people on rankings servers have their names on the windows of TCR cars.
    One more question. Where can I find such a painting

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: May 30, 2021
  11. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    If you race alone, you gain 0 rep and rating. I wonder what happens if you quit a race like that. Do you lose anything or still get +0/+0?

12. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Id guess those people are part of certain esports championships in which they can run custom liveries. Theres no way to do this as an average user tho afaik

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    One would hope that it would also be 0/0 but a bit scared to test it out for science!

In the old days a race would end automatically when there was only one driver still running. That´s maybe a good feature to bring back.

• Like Like x 1
  14. 56RAF_Dutch

56RAF_Dutch New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello @Andi Goodwin,

I was on Hockemheim (02/06/2021 - 23:50:21) just now and how driver "freek Blignaut" behaved was just to crazy.
    That guy just went nuts, it began with a brake test in the in the middle of the straight after turn 3.
    Ofcourse I hit his rear because I was behind him and had no where to go.
    We both spinned of and then he turned towards me and crashed into me at full speed. I was really flabbergasted. But that was not enough though, he then backupped at full speed and rammed me again with his rear. I pot punished for this twice and got me disqualified from the race.
    The first time when I hit him when he did the brake test and then the second time because he reared me I got again punished. I had 39 out of 40 points after the lap 3 after the 3rd corner because of him.
    I really want to report him because he does not belong here at raceroom in the ranked servers or even the rookie servers.
    I can sent you the ingame recording if you want, all is in the video, I did not hit him whatsoever.
    From what I can see he had a big lag spike and maybe on his screen I did did something to him? and then he was eager to get me?
    What I really want is that the race is scratched from my results because I now have this result for which I am not the blame. He just ruined my progress and fun in the game in just 60 seconds!!

Date: 02/06/2021- 23:50:21
    Car classes: GTR4
    Start Pos.: #16
    Finish Pos.: #26
    Position +/-: -10
    Incident points: 47
    Drivers: 26
    Rating +/-: -62.4
    Reputation +/-: -16.138
    Rating: 1363.292

I this is not the correct way to report, please tell me, to whom I can direct this message, because I want this resolved please.

With regards,
    Andre van der Lingen

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
  15. 56RAF_Dutch

56RAF_Dutch New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @Andi Goodwin could you please look at my post (post #514), forgot to tag you in there.
    I don't want to upload the clip and the ingame track here because I don't think it's the right thing to do.
    Thank you in advance.
    Andre

16. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I do exactly this. When my rating was around 1.4k I wasn`t bothered, but after gaining 100 points over a few races I want to protect that rating.

17. Cenda

Cenda New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I might be off topic here, but I really think the ranking system needs a lot of improvement, based on several experiences. The last one from today, Sepang race (Heiki360ES Europe 3 server). I did not get a good qualifying position, but gained some places during the race. Got hit, forced out of track but did a clean race on my side (I think)......and the result ? See pictures.....
    I think, that even I should probably be better then some of the guys, the fact that I do have a better overall rating, does not mean I am better at this track with this car. So the rating system in my opinion is failing there and after a really fun race, you get this at the end.......I know I will not change a thing with this post, guess just wanted to share my disappointment :)

Attached Files:

18. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    That's true. But how do you think the rating system should change to accommodate that?

But the system is not made to judge or reflect the fun you had. Where do you think it failed and what were you expecting to get after a race?

The system compared your rating with the other guys' rating, calculated your expected finish position, you finished lower than that, your rating dropped. What other factor you think it should have considered?

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Joakim Tärnström

Joakim Tärnström Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I had some initial viewpoints on the reputation system that I would like to adjust a little. Sure, there are races when you will become the innocent victim of others, but in the end good behaviour is rewarded. Once drivers can be matched according to reputation, this will work fine. I also hope that the developers could find a way for virtual currency being used to create further incentives to drive in a safe manner. It would also make it even more realistic when you have to pay for the damage. Any payments of course need to be taken from virtual money gained in the game. An alternative would be if clean drivers could perhaps be rewarded with an interest rate in virtual currency based on their reputation In simracing it is very common to see people make manouvers they never would make in real life because of the fact that they don’t have to pay for damages.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    It`s already possible to match drivers in a way, just by having a minimum rep required. I just think a 0 rep requirement is a terrible idea. I would suggest just one server with 0 rep requirement and all other rookie servers with a minimum of whatever the starting reputation is. I think drivers` behaviour would improve rapidly if all the sub 60 reputation drivers were shoved in one server. Who would want to be in that one?
    Multiplayer will only improve when there`s a maximum ranking applied, so that you don`t get 1.5 ranks like me lumped in with 2k drivers.