News (beta) Multiplayer Rankings

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Jan 8, 2020.

1. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    Incydentów
    Incident points are not there as a penalty. They are a measure used to calculate your competence in getting safely around the track. Then collision or spinning out in the middle of the track cause greater risk to others than going off track.

There are cut track penalties for keeping people inside track limits. And server admins can set them to slowdown or drive through.

2. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    And another question :D
    How are races with only one player handled? Are they just completely ignored or can you still gain/lose reputation or even rating?

3. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    well if you come second you get nominated automatically for the darwin award

Andi

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    I think your reliability rating still goes down if you quit or get DSQ before the end. TBH there should be an automatic end of race when the server detects only one player still live to avoid having to drive around meaninglessly for 20 minutes.

5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I'm actually not quite sure about this question.
    I think as long as you're alone on a server, incidents do not count, or they shouldn't at least.
    It gets interesting when the races starts with more than one client but all others leave, because technically they are still on that server, they are just listed as DNF and hence they do count as clients.

Thanks for bringing this up, we'll look into it.

6. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Indeed!

Arrogance and ignorance of the highest order!

I`ll give you some overtaking lessons if you ask nicely!

• Creative Creative x 1
  7. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    For some reason my last race (tt cup at red bull ring, ended about an hour ago) doesnt show up in the rankings. Any idea why?

8. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Thats cool, like i said before, im not too fussed about a rating, anyone that has tried to race proper with\against me knows im a fair racer, proper as in not being a complete dick!

I dont remember saying it did.
    Who said anything about continually, i mentioned one incident from one race. There are plenty of races where a driver gets his car sideways, recovers and carries on, if it was continual then the system should be totting up and applying the punishment accordingly, not punishing for a single incident in a 20 min race!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  9. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    How exactly are you punished for a single incident in a 20 min race?

10. Luís de Gomes

Luís de Gomes Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Just reported that.
    Let's wait.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0

AFAIK from my over 100 ranked server races, all incidents and points count when everyone else DNFs provided they started the race. If you also quit then you will still get rating points as you are still the winner as last retirement but your reliability % will go down.

If you are alone at the start and DNF then you do lose reliability % but won´t gain rating as you are not beating anyone. If that is confirmed, it should be fixed as no one wants to have to drive 20 minutes on their own just to avoid a reliability penalty and for the sake of moving the server on to the next track if it is stuck on an unpopular one.

Do incident points also deduct from the reliability as well as quitting%?

12. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Indeed, that shouldn't be and I already made a tracker note about it. The devs will have a look, I'm pretty confident that they should be able to tell when someone is the last active client on a server (i.e. not dnf'ed) and disable the scoring in these cases.
    Yes, if by reliability you mean the reputation rating. The reputation rating basically scores each driver based on their clean laps vs incident ratio. So the best thing everyone can do for their rating is putting in clean laps. Every incident point as well as one time events like premature quitting during a race session will give this ratio a negative nudge. The formula is still WIP and the latest version changes added more wheight to your reputation, so you don't end up stuck with a low reputation due to one bad race.

13. krimmler

krimmler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    I think it´s not fair if you are the last survivor on the server and you become 0 points. For example i start with 10 people at the 30min. Nordschleife server, they all quit until 4 laps in cause of the difficult track. I can only end the race and this was for free :(? In the last days i had insane races where drivers quit in the last lap as they land in the barrier. We endet the race with 5-10 people, but if i where the last with the quitting people this race was for free if i become 0 points.
    I agree if you are at start of the race the only one and you drive 20min. allone, in this case the server should not start. In the last days many servers are not filled full, so you have to start with just 4-10 drivers. But it was better to drive with 10 gentlemans and not with 30 wreckers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    What I was suggesting there was only in relation to quitting (i.e. retiring from a race) when every other client has dnf'ed and the impact that has on your reputation. If you decide to finish that race session, you'd still receive the points, as it already is, because those dnf'ed clients aren't erased from the server but stay there as dnf'ed. This was done intentionally with exactly these types of scenarios in mind.

But I agree that retiring in those cases should not result in a rating drop.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    On unranked servers the race automatically ends within 5 seconds of being the last car standing so you don´t need to quit. It should be the same on ranked ones.

16. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Any news on this one yet?

17. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    The "closed" beta on limited numbers of servers are almost 2 months now. Any news about to expand this system into the normal dedicated server or to give a beta dedi to registered communities?

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  18. Maximilian Leverer

Maximilian Leverer New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I somehow am not within the ranking list anymore. Before my last race I was on page one, place 300 something. After I got recked on RedbullRing and had to finish the race with 27 incident points beeing a lap behind I am not on the list anymore at all. Did I do somethin I am not aware of?

19. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    have you searched the pages after , use the search feature of you browser on each page
    your at 494th
    Andi

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  20. Maximilian Leverer

Maximilian Leverer New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I figured this would happen. I searched literally every page, but I definetely wasn't on there. And indeed the number of my races is now different. Are they changing something currently?