News (beta) Multiplayer Rankings

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    you have lost some races , not registered or gained some ?

Andi

2. Dinko Damjanic

Dinko Damjanic New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello, same happenning to me. It started yesterday, 3-4 races didnt register. Today 2-3 didnt register. Then, after my last race at Brands Hatch GT4 , I went to check where am I, I couldnt find myself. I was around 550# before, with 32 races(minus those that didnt register). Then, few minutes later I found myself at 934# with 19 races.

3. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    yep we watchng it too , hoping that it removes georg to the last page ///////

we are aware that something funky is happening , but the results data is there

Andi

4. Maximilian Leverer

Maximilian Leverer New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Actually right now it's somehow buggy. Search for me again, my driver rating is suddenly N/A. Granted, I just did a race which went kind of good, but I also am back on place 279 and all my races are back. I have in total 21 races. 30 Minutes ago it just showed 10 races, now the 21 are back again.

5. Maximilian Leverer

Maximilian Leverer New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    whoops, ok didn't see that one!
    Alright, thank you guys :)

6. Dinko Damjanic

Dinko Damjanic New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ye, it seems its back now. Now I'm #584, have 36 races, which could be correct 'cos I'm not sure of numbers of those races from yesterday that didnt register.

7. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    My race from monday evening just appeared for the first time
    (@Luís de Gomes just in case that information is of any use to yall)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Luís de Gomes

Luís de Gomes Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Helloooo Nico,

Some races could take longer to be considered. Anyway, devs are trying to find the problem why that happens and solve it.

If you find something unusual please send us a message.

Thanks for your feedback.

9. Luís de Gomes

Luís de Gomes Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Everything should be fixed now and no pending races to be ranked right now.

10. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Had already been fixed (for me) on thursday but thanks for the confirmation :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    And a few more questions :D
    Am i correct in having noticed that the incidents collected during qualifying are reset once the race starts and hence the 30 incident limit is per session and not per track?
    Second one is how much finishing position and opponents rankings count or in other words will i still lose ranking if only players with a (much) higher ranking than mine finish in front of me but there happen to be a lot such players in a given race?
    And just got a couple incidents in the last corner on hockenheim and most where i wouldnt have expected to get one. I guess i ran quite wide but in both cases my lap was still valid and the only thing i guess couldve happened is that i touched the grass with a tire ever so slightly. Unfortunately dont have a video as both were in quali but generally speaking can slightly touching the grass while still within track limits cause an incident or does that rather sound like a case of the game falsely detecting an incident?

12. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Regarding only taking part in races where the other drivers are way slower than you
    After having done a few races now im not so sure about that anymore, certainly if you havent done a whole lot of races yet (i have 9 so far). My last 2 races were on a well populated aquila at portimao server and as long as you qualify on pole, get a good start (had an about 1.5 second lead after the first few corners) and then dont make stupid mistakes its basically free rating. I was already inside the top 100 before those 2 races and judging by the pace of the others id be surprised if i wasnt the driver with the highest ranking in these races but i still gained a total of 50 rating points during those 2 races. Id assume that gets less the more races youve done but if youre just starting out its definitely a way to get your rating up at the moment

13. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    I think it depends on the ratings and number of drivers in the race. If you have 30 noobs then you will probably get + 29 points for p1. If some are high rankers that got punted off then maybe even more.

Certainly rooms with more cars seem to pay out more.

14. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    WIth a field of a dozen I sometimes literally get 1-2.5 points only for a win..

15. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    You have done 130 races and are in the top 25 tho so unless that dozen happens to be made up of just top 10 players i wouldnt expect one race to impact your rating too much anyways. But what you write at least seems to confirm that "noob farming" will only work in the early phases of somebodys ranked career

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    It will impact much more if he DNFs or gets beaten. Then you could easily lose 50 or more points in one race.

I had 2 DNFs due to the pit lane bug and it cost me almost 100 points.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    When you start your virtual career, we let you earn ranking faster so the grind to your true level isn't too slow. Once you've reached a certain amount of races or a certain rating, you'll see it will slow down as you hover around your level.

• Informative Informative x 3
  18. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Has the "pitlane bug" been reported and documented somewhere? Can you link me please?

19. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Yes, we discussesd it at the end of this thread.
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...broken-pit-entries-since-dec-19-update.14342/

I haven´t played the game since then so have not tested Andy´s explanation and just making a normal pit stop without changing any parametes in pit lane but I confirm that both times I pitted to repair damage I was stuck in the pits under AI control and could not move away. It has happened to other players too.

I have "repair all items and 4 tyre change" selected in green my preset pitstop list and 0 fuel added but usually manually deselect some repair options if say I only have a puncture or light suspension damage and the repair time would be reduced by avoiding repairing aero or changing all 4 tyres. I do this when entering pitlane, usually after control switchs to AI as otherwise it is too much to drive and play about with the settings at the same time. Before the last patch, it was never an issue.

I have not tried just making a fuel only stop and trying to change the fuel added amount in the pitlane but I guess it will be the sam issue.

20. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    As far as I understood, this is exactly how the ELO system should work. Looking good... :)

• Like Like x 1