Better race but Rep was less?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doug Spinster, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Doug Spinster

Doug Spinster Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I do not understand when I did better but Rep is .251 less then the previous race.
    I just need to know why so I can correct what could I have done wrong, I was less constant though.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
  2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Hi Doug,

unless one of the developers is going to explain how the calculation works in detail - which I doubt they will ;) - here's my guesswork:

Because reputation is a finite scale (it can only go as high as 100) I think you can only ever gain (or lose) a certain percentage of your current reputation. So when your reputation score went up after that first race, your potential maximum gain in the subsequent race decreased because there was less room left to conquer, so to say.

When you look at profiles of players with a very high reputation you can see that their reputation increases are miniscule even if they've done an incident free race, and it's intended that way. It wouldn't really make much sense if a player at 99 rep could gain 6 or more points.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Doug Spinster

Doug Spinster Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Okay, it makes sense for going backwards with a big lose on Rep too. I think I preferer just cap the 100, it would be a pi$$y deal if 4th place got +14 Rep gain and someone with 99.xxx gets a 0.010 gain for winning race. :confused::rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
  4. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Not sure i can completely follow you but sounds like you might be mixing up rating and reputation. Where you finish in a race has no effect on your reputation

• Agree Agree x 1