Bezel Free Kit question (negative bezel setting)

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base' started by bksz, Feb 22, 2022.

1. bksz

bksz New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I was trying to find an answer for this, sadly i couldn't, so here is my question.

Is it possible to set the bezel value negative somewhere?
    Or is there some other workaround for this?

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    @bksz
    Spontaneously I'd ask why that would be necessary? Assuming the kit being installed correctly, shouldn't it align the images correctly, without some kind of overlap that would require a negative bezel correction?

That said, you can try injecting a negative bezel value in the file called graphics_options.xml, found here: Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData
    upload_2022-2-26_17-26-35.png
    I'm not sure it will work and actually doubt it, but feel free to give it a shot. Maybe make a backup of that file beforehand, just in case.

If this doesn't work, the only other way to solve this I can think of would be your graphic card driver's function called "overscan". Research that online, maybe it provides a workaround if everything else fails.

3. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    The images does'nt allign perfectly, i have the same problem. No problems in ACC and AMS2 with 0.1mm negative bezel value, but not in RRRE. You have to edit the file Christian mentioned (for my setup i've set all three vallues to -0.1), and it works fine this way. Warning, if you click on the bezel settings ingame, values goes back to zero, and you have to edit the file again, so once you changed the file, never touch the setting ingame again!