Resolved Big Lags always on half or full hour

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Cadeyrn, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Cadeyrn

Cadeyrn New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys,
    I'm currently getting frustrated with big lags. It feels pretty much like a big lag spike and I usually lose about 1 second on track. It always happens exactly on the full or half hour, so for example at 10pm and then again at 10:30pm and so on. The rest of the time I dont have any problems at all. It seems like my connection stops or the whole server lags. Also I can't see any kind of frame time drop when it happens on fpsVR. Other friends on the server dont experience it, so it seems to be a local problem on my side. I recently upgraded my PC, VR Setup (From Oculus Rift to HP Reverb G2) and installed a fresh Windows 10. The only "suspect" that is left for me is any kind of network problem. Unfortunately I cant find anything there and don't have any clue what I could start to change or troubleshoot.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

My System and Peripherals even though I doubt it matters:
    Ryzen 5600X
    Asus Strix B550 F
    MSI SuprimX RTX 3080
    Fanatec CSW Base V2
    Porsch 918 RSR Wheel
    Fanatec CSW Pedals V3
    Next Level Racing Motion Platform V3 (Seatmover)
    HP Reverb G2
    Networkgear: Fritzbox 6490 Cable, connected through Ethernet via 1Gbit Switch

2. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like you have something scheduled to run in the background, with this happening exactly every half hour?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Cadeyrn

Cadeyrn New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your reply and sorry for disappearing in the void ;D I had my wedding coming up and had to switch my priorities. I hope you understand. Unfortunately I dont have any good updates to the matter. The lag still happens and I still couldn't find anything scheduled in the backround. The only thing which is new is that it doesnt happen always. When it happens it comes every half hour. When it doenst happen it doesnt happen at all in that session. But that makes it even more strange and I have less to focus on.

Any more suggestions would be appreciated! Do you have any idea what could trigger every half an hour?

4. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Make sure win 10 isnt doing something stupid at those times , virus scan , one drive , google etc drive

Andi

5. Cadeyrn

Cadeyrn New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow, I checked all your suggestions again even though I had those ideas already aswell. I couldnt find anything. But then I didnt want to give up and tried some magic google skills again. Instead of suspecting it only happens with Raceroom I searched as if it would happen with all games and Windows itself. Then I found this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g63a0t/random_lagstutter_spike_every_30_minutes/

They're suggesting it might be the Windows desktop backround roatation. Its activated and got activated automatically again from syncing my profile after I reinstalled windows. And its set exactly to 30mins. That might be it! I'll immediately turn that off now and come back to you if it disappears the next two days.

6. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It's most likely this, I used to run a slideshow on the desktop until I noticed lags every minute or whatever it was.

7. Cadeyrn

Cadeyrn New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    First test donw and no lags at all. How absurd. Windows background might have annoyed me and cost me several places in ranked since half a year... unreal.

• Informative Informative x 1