Bilster Berg multiplayer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gazza, Nov 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I can not believe that Bilster Berg is not popular in the online lobbies! Its a great track and fun to drive, but the races on this track appear to be longer with more qualifying and longer races, come on lets have shorter races and get people racing on this great track! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. OldFart

OldFart Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps you should host your own server with the race set to your own preference and race with others that agree with you; hosting is easy and you do not need a separate PC, I regularly do exactly that; there are guides on here to help you set up

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    @Gazza
    After a first impression I also was hyped cause it's simply an amazing track, but after having a rollout with our community lads (all fast diciplined drivers) it's quiet clear why Bilsterberg is mainly a test track to bring your vehicle in a rollercoaster-like way to the limit. Or like Romain Dumas said corresponding during his Nordschleife VW ID challenge "it is a dream to be all alone on the Nordschleife but competitive racing there can be very frustrating" (except for insanely committed die-hard fans, I guess, which I'm not btw.) . Same goes for Bilsterberg as well (if not even more) . But just check it out yourself ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the replies, I have not thought about hosting, I will certainly try this, I have tried a race in single player mode using the FR3 cars, it was good, but I have found that the more powerful cars maybe don’t suit the track and layout.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I have just looked at your profile 143 days of playing time:) WOW

6. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    Have to agree, that in real life it's perhaps better not to have a DTM or group 5 event at Bilster Berg but virtually racing some slower classes there is simply a blast. Tried out some multiclass racing against AI combining the 964 cup and the BMW 235i. Surprisingly few crashes and lots of nice side by side fights! I have to say that I generally prefer the shorter, narrower and more technical courses to high speed ones. Knutstorp or Falkenberg for example. As for the Nordschleife, it surely is a rare privilege to have it for yourself, but it definitely wasn't intended for hotlapping.