News Black Friday Deals!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Can I choose to read into that that there's a chance of the Bentley coming to the GTR3 class too? Or am I being a bit too selective with my reading there? Either way, agree with you about the Ford.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I don't mind getting another GT3 with the Mustang moved to GTR3 as it makes no sense having it as an orphaned car in another class.

Since we are getting Bentley in probably 1-2 months time, will we get a GTR3 pack when it arrives? I like to own all the GT3 and all its liveries.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Just won 500 vrp.....bring on the new stuff........yippee! Thanks S3. Nice for slow guys to get a win......

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. Dan Speelman

Dan Speelman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    I passed on picking up a gtrX car during the sale so S3 decided to make me regret my decision by having a hotlap competition with those cars at Spa. This is what I get for being a "new physics" snob.

5. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    gtr X is allot of fun, the zonda is really good OotB

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I'm looking forward to when GTR X will be split up between GTR 1, 2 and Zonda Cup, not enough cars as it is now.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Those GTR X have a very weird physics / FFB, it's a bit like being on a boat... and having to make it lean on the correct side before turning. Is that realistic? I've never driven a Zonda R for real, but I sure wouldn't buy one if it were handling as badly as this. Even if it's fun to some extent.
    Or maybe it's only a FFB thing, but I'm pretty sure you can not only feel it, but see it rolling back and forth with exaggerated amplitude and for a long time, like a boat really, or an old 2CV.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    The same goes for many other cars that haven't been updated with the newest physics yet.
    I can't barely drive DTM 13 and 14 after the updated 15 feels so great..

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Me too, but that's mainly because I'm excited to have the P4/5 as a good Ferrari substitute in GTR2.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    The GTX class surely is one of the most unconvincing classes in Raceroom. Its not just an issue of the physics update yes/no. While the touring cars and DTM cars in Raceroom do much better than in AC, for my taste at least, and GT3 are different in both sims but enjoyable in both, the Zonda and P4/5 and SCG in AF fume the cars in Raceroom's GTX class without even needing a lighter. I am not about top speeds. I am about the driving experience, the way they feel in their handling. I avoid them completely. To me they are completely unconvincing, and way too light. Even a car like these should have mass. I cannot feel it in these. They feel like Matchbox' toy cars.

Better focus on GT3, DTM92, DTM15, touring classics, WTCC, group 5, and some individual cars like the Radicals, the Mirages, the BMW Procar.... Its these classes where Raceroom shines.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Exactly my thought. :)
    Hope they add some new liveries to it as well!

12. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  13. spyshagg

spyshagg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps this kind of bundle should be offered more often. All the races I did this weekend were packed with drivers. Packed!

The practice sessions begin thin, but by the race start the grid is full of red arrows. The qualy sessions were so filled with red arrows I actually had trouble doing clean laps!

I actually spent more time with RRE than with assetto and now that I have crossfire working well with RRE, I will keep preferring RRE. The netcode is much better, the collisions and small touches are spot on. It actually feels like live for speed.

Very impressed with RRE. Now I need to improve the graphics with sweetfx or something.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +188 / 0 / -0
    This should be close to the permanent price guys.... I have just signed up and I already love this as a very strong race sim among my other titles but to be honest, it is not very good value, I paid a substantial amount of money is aussie dollars ( significantly more than I paid for pCars , rFactor2 or Dirt Rally ) to get 18 tracks or less than a third of what you offered in this deal and only about 7 or 8 cars including the free ones given. I think your current prices are too high, especially with the exchange rate for people in countries outside Europe or USA. There are quite a few other cars I would like but when I add up the price for them I could buy another complete game, that is not right.

The other thing which is probably more annoying and makes this sting deeper is the terrible Always On DRM requirement where you cannot play when internet goes down. Yesterday my internet was not down but just very slow as it can be in peak times here, and I could not even get into a single player AI game, just waited watching the screen for 10 minutes. That is not good enough and you should take a second look at this, maybe do one check at very first boot of the game and then relax the server checks. I realise you have to protect your code but this goes much further than other titles to the point of being overly intrusive & debilitating.

Sorry if this comes across as a rant but like I say, I am a new user and it hit me in the face pretty hard yesterday when I realised how much I had paid all up and how the online always game requirements were.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Maddawg

Maddawg Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Racing is a rich man's sport, welcome aboard.;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +188 / 0 / -0
    Ha :D Thanks Maddawg ... I do already know that as I have been sim racing for longer than I care to remember.
    But I do believe the guys in charge of pricing need some feedback to know that currently the pricing model they use it right up at the top end of the scale in terms of value for money ... no denying it is a nice race sim title, not perfect and some things do need improve but in a market where race sims are pretty hotly contested these days, it is better to keep the customer and more importantly potential customers happy ... value is very important. cheers :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    Another approach to realism!;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  18. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    This will give you a bit more value for the money. https://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/list_page?cat=24

• Like Like x 1
  19. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +188 / 0 / -0
    Yep, that is better but really the pricing is all over the place and you cannot help but feel a bit gutted when you find out there is or were better deals going but no consistency. Even more reason why they should rationalize all the prices to a standard that is on par for value with the amount of content you get in other race titles. The whole "Free to Race" thing is a gimmick and bit misleading.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the club - you started with reiterating the two most often mentioned points of criticism against Raceroom: business model, and "always online".

However, do not get discouraged, the sim itself is worth to be tested thoroughly, and like you already said, it is one of the best titles in the genre currently. Most people do not like the business model or the online thing- still we stick to this simulation. And that has reasons - find them out for yourself! ;)

P.S. If money is a concern for you, learn to be patient, wait for sales, and do not buy every car just becasue it is there. You cna save fpor example the older DTM and WTCC cars and just focus on the new ones. Also, check for track packs. Consider to not buy every skin available, and test-drive for free every car in the shop to see whether you like it, or not. What i mean is: if taking the time to examine the shopping model, you can save on the costs.

Also note that currently only the DTM2016 cars, GT3cars, BMW M1, Audi TT Cup, NSU, and Aquilas, have the latest physics suite, the other car classes use an older physics model that class by class will be updated to the new one. The prototypes seem to be the next cars getting the treatment. I would focus on cars using the new physics, they are better.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2016