News Black Friday Deals!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Wasn't trying to complain, just didn't think it was necessary to over embellish and mislead. I've deleted my comments to remove any possible negativity from an otherwise wonderful announcement. :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. silvanob2

silvanob2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Hi mr_belowski,
    your crewchief addon is so good, its the best addon and moreover a "must have" imo.
    so here is my donation :)
    Keep it up

Silvano

• Like Like x 1
  3. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Reminds me of fishing - and having only a very few worms in the box for a pool full of jumping fish. If the word gets spread in time, 500 codes should be gone in no time. If it were just any other game.

But events like this help to strengthen the impression of non-transparent sales policies. ;) It would be better to have the all-in-one pack available all year long, and give it a fixed price tag of - what do I know, lets say 89,95.

The 500 "individual cars" should be renamed as 500 "carskins in total". Another needless invitation for people to get misled. Why cant Raceroom do business without hooks and loops?

Sorry for sounding negative here, but this is what i think since long.

The latest video teasers however were nice. Now these must make the round outside the Raceroom youtube channel.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. jayblue

jayblue Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Wow a great deal for new users, although it makes me sad i bought 5000 vrps the other day ready for the sale. Oh well 30% off will be good to add some of the missing content to my collection.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Who knows, maybe it's such a demand of those codes they'll make it a standing regular friday sale in the end. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Hm, posting it in AC forums just minutes ago had me two guys replying to it quickly - and both indirectly criticising immediately the business model and the absence of moddability of cars and tracks. What should I tell them? They are right! I do not even try to convince people anymore, but just tell them in return that they indeed are right - but add that the sim's quality itself is good, and that one can save money when a.) and b.) and c.) and blablabla and etcetera - all that fineprint and pocket-calculator typing stuff that a serious businessman would not expect a customer to need caring for.

You do not catch many fish with a bait like this.

Hooks and loops, nobody likes hooks and loops.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Nicolas Leféroce

Nicolas Leféroce Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    A great news for new purchasers but for us who have bought almost all the game ... 30% only, and not on packages (why ?).
    Loyalty does not pay.
    I still hope Sector 3 will finally win a lot of new drivers: the game deserves more success, and the Sector3 Team as well.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Dan Speelman

Dan Speelman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    I'm in too deep to benefit from the all in one deal but I might pick up a track or two if the steam sales don't take all my money first. Looking forward to unreleased content more anyway.
    @Skybird Doesn't owning all the content make the business model a non-issue?

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  9. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    i love the facts there are no mods , no badly made stuff ; i like the fact i can jump into a race at the last moment without hunting for a skin pack or having to download a fuel/tyre/engine tweak ; love it .....

There are many things that i have issues with in the game , but business model ;content;pricing ; protection system arent in that list ...

Andi

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    As I repeatedly said on earlier occasions, it is NOT about the already established customer base, but getting new players. I found Raceroom in Spring, was enthusiastic, and then bought almost all content in quick succession. Yes, i did spend much more than ideally is needed, and my way of doing it is the best example of how NOT to approach it. :) But I never complained about my personal experience - to me the quality is worth the spending, else I wouldn't have spent it. A bit angry I got when I learned that they have different prices for same content in the company's website's shop, and in the company's ingame webshop, as was discussed two or three weeks ago - there I felt mucked.

My personal worry only is that I will have spend on the game - and lose the benefit if the game dies and still demands online mode. Then all that money will be lost.

And THAT is why I care for how many - or better how few - players are playing and come to Raceroom newly. Its not about us here in this forum, obviously we are fans else we would not be here. It is about those refusing to get into Raceroom, and why.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Is there an echo in here? :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Jok3sta

Jok3sta Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    too soon man.. too soon :p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Would have been epic if they'd actually have put 503 codes up for sale.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    There would have been extensive nerd-rage, and it would have been entirely *awesome*. Perhaps 500 was a compromise with the publishers

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. rd.king

rd.king Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    If I buy the whole game for 50 euro will the game store calculate the $100 + I've already spent
    and send me a cheque for the difference.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Creative Creative x 2
  16. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    no but if you send me your credit card details ill have a brilliant weekend

Andi

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
  17. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Well done!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  18. rbn

rbn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    The all-in-one deal is really a very good deal!!

The 30% off is okay for tracks but not great though for cars.
    Since no packs are included buying all pack content would still be more expense then buying the pack for the normal price (the bulk discount is 60%).

But its still better then nothing ofcourse, maybe I pick up Spa en wait for the packs to go on sale.

19. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Well played sir, well played. Made me laugh very loud :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Excellent promotion, much needed. 500 extra players could make a huge difference to a game with a small user base like R3E. 500 people instantly attached to the game and potentially buying future content and 500 people to boost multiplayer numbers (even if 10% of those play online). Good move.

• Agree Agree x 4