News Black Friday Deals!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Maddawg

Maddawg Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Awwwwwwwwwwww, I was hoping it would be 50% off on tracks.

2. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Aww,man...I already have everything, I have nothing else to buy...hurry up S3S and give me something more to purchase...:) :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I agree. Yet again another mention for a loyalty discount. Occasional 30% off sales are great but perhaps give a little back to the day one purchasers that own most of the game's content.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Hopefully there will be a permanent starter pack. This game business model is still terrible.

5. jcookeusa

jcookeusa Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I have to say this is strange sale logic. It's great that Sector3 wants to bring in new players, but the difference in discount between the all-in-one pack and individual items is glaring. Of course, I understand and am fine with sales coming along that give a better deal to people buying the product later in its life-cycle. I've had access to this content for a while (and enjoyed it).

However, this situation feels very different to me than, say, a game sold as one item going on a much better sale down the line. In that case, at least the earlier and later purchasers have the same content. With RRRE, however, since it's sold item by item, even though many of us have paid more than the 50euro complete pack price in this sale, we're still missing content.

Just as an example, I went through the store and tried to figure out how this would affect me if I wanted to get everything:
    I won't bore anyone with the tedious details :), but I basically own ~75% of the paid content (all packs, except for DTM15 and a few non-packed tracks). Trying to calculate what I'd actually have to spend to round out my collection and get all the content isn't so easy, considering there doesn't seem to be any way for me to actually see livery prices until I own a car (but with missing liveries). I estimated 25vrp each. Anyway, accounting for the 30% sale on individual content, I'd still have to spend more than 5800vrp. That's more than the special 50euro price for all of the content and yet only includes ~25% of everything.

Like I said, it's great that Sector3 is trying to get an influx of players into the game, but it's odd they have such an amazing deal for those new to this and pretty much the same old 30% deal on content that comes up periodically (only differences being that it's everything at once (good) and not on packs (not so good)). A stronger discount for your current customers just seems to make more sense. Or...you could just finally get all of the content into packs and put all the packs on discount (somewhat like your recent summer sale). Just a thought... :)

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    An "Everything You Still Dont Own" pack will be nice. I own most of the tracks and more than half the cars, why do I still need to pay so much when a new player pay 50 Euros? Why cant we move to a core game and DLC business model than all these confusing microtrasactions?

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    I got an idea for those who feel sad for owning almost everything.

We know there's a lot of content coming; Nordschleife, Thai, TTs, ADAC, WTCC etc, and we can assume there's gonna be a lot more in the future.
    What you can do is not buying anything for, let's say, the next two years; that way you surely will benefit a lot from Black friday 2017. ;)

Just for the record; I got almost everything too, $200+ spent, and yeah, I'd love a "loyalty" discount/sale, but in the meantime I don't bitter myself cause someone else can have a pretty good deal and join the best community in the best simulator. :cool:

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
  8. kendoslow

kendoslow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    I'm going to finally splash out on the one track I don't have, Macau and that's it this time round unless they kick out some new stuff to surprise us. And the Lotus pack dlc from PC is very tempting.

9. AdamKing

AdamKing New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wao Awesome News Cant wait More.....:)

10. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I think this had to happen. Too many sim racers/gamers just flat-out reject the business model. They tried free-to-play weekends...didn't really work. They tried 'everything xx% off' sales every few months...didn't really work. Player numbers have gently risen this year but to me it's not enough for a game that should (at least) be going head-to-head with AC given the popularity of Simbin's previous titles.

Many of us have been calling for a starter pack for some time. Obviously this goes well beyond that but I welcome it. Perhaps this is testing the water for selling the game as a complete or starter pack in future? I hope so. As I've said so many times, the way this game is sold is a mess and an expensive one at that. There is no easy solution that pleases both the hardcore supporters and prospective new players. Just do whatever has to be done to garner interest, sales and keep the project afloat.

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    A little aspect that some of us might forget is outdated Content. DTM13, DTM14, ADAC13, WTCC13 and soon ADAC14 and WTCC14 aren't that interessting for newcomer. Only the content that is already outdated has an amount of around 70€ or more that some of us had paid in the past, but a newcomer wouldn't necessarily buy as the latest version is available...

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Frank25

Frank25 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    Everthing would be easier, if Sector would change the business model. If they would sell a core game with standard content like GTR 1/2/3, Touring car classics, Group5 and most of the tracks for about 40 € and DLC packs for premium content with complete racing series for about 5-15 € (e.g. DTM13+14, DTM 92, DTM 15, ADAC GT Masters 13+14, ADAC GT Masters 15, WTCC 13+14, Audi TT Cup, the Nordschleife), they could offer older content in deals like BLACK FRIDAY or bundle it with the core game or they also could say someday, that some old content is now for free, if you own the core game. It would be much more flexible and fair and they could also sell it better on steam. And they wouldn't need a own currency anymore. I hope, that they will go this way some day.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    But some day they will be hot again, just look at DTM 92. :D
    We all have our own preferences of cars and tracks we favor for different reasons, no mater what year they are from.
    They don't really get old imo.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

What's the difference between this site and http://game.raceroom.com/store/? Because I can't login in the former, are those separate acccounts?

15. kendoslow

kendoslow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Yes they are you need to register there or you can go there through the game I think. Not sure if the deals are on that way.

16. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Thanks! Yep, it's most confusing ;)
    In the mean time, I did other searches and found this, it's apparently still the same system. In case others ask themselves the same question:

17. Maddawg

Maddawg Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I agree, I was coming in to add a similar post. I have over a $100 or more invested in this game, where' s the equality when it is now offered at 50 euros. They get the WHOLE game and I have invested double that amount and come up short on cars and tracks. The fair thing to do would be to upgrade ALL of who have invested over 50 euros to the full game content. We were in from the beginning and helped support this game faithfully. How about a show of good will? Certainly you will be gaining income from the addition of new cars and tracks as the game progresses, why sour this community at this point? Thank you.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I just can't believe that some people on here manage to survive for longer than 3 months.
    How much do think they made with their sales up to now? How much do you think this special offer will generate?
    Let's do the math, shall we? 500 x 50 € = 25000 €
    How long you think that would keep this whole operation running?
    Not even one month. They won't even be able to pay the ten people in the core dev team with that, never mind the running costs like servers, rent, energy, licenses etc. etc.

You've bought into it early and supported development with that money, thank you very much, honestly.
    But do you do the same, ask for some refund or special treat, when it comes to any other purchase you make? You buy a TV today and 6 months from now it will be sold for half of what you spent. Do you demand compensation from Samsung or BenQ?

• Agree Agree x 12
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  19. Maddawg

Maddawg Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    If its such a losing proposition, why offer it?

20. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    And its not 25000€ because you forgot VAT..:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1