News Black Friday Deals!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Frank25

Frank25 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    If you're right and Klaus Wohlfarth is financing Raceroom as a hobby and doesn't earn money with it, the less I can't understand, that he doesn't immediately demand to change of the business model.
    If I was Klaus Wohlfarth, I would first demand to finish the following missing core feature:
    - saving of car setups
    - setups with tyres and fuel
    - pitstop option for all races
    Then I would stop the beta status and chance the business model to the model that Pcar and AC already use. This would be a core game for about 40€ and DLC packs for new premium content like DTM 2015 or the Nordschleife.
    With this model sales would be very flexible and fair for old and new customers.
    I think it's not a good idea to give away the whole content on the BLACK FRIDAY SALE for 50€ as a lot of the old customers, that have already most of the content, will be disappointed and potential new customers will disappointed, if they don't get one of the 500 copies for 50 €. That is not a win win situation.
    But maybe I'm totally wrong as I don't have any numbers of the financial situation of Sector 3.

Here's a link to the owner of the RaceRoom Entertainment AG the KW automotive GmbH with a photo of Klaus Wohlfarth
    http://www.kwsuspensions.de/Impressum/

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  2. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Go go go, it's live now.

I'm tempted, but I think I'll put the money into VrP and hope that someone new picks up the deals, so they can enjoy it as much as I do and hopefully join us online.

If they don't sell out, I'll pick one up later, but hope they do so quickly, if just to show that this approach may work well in future.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Frankymoe

Frankymoe Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Is it possible to buy the "All in One Pack" now and redeem the Voucher for example in 3 or 4 months. After Nordschleife, GT 2015, Audi TT, ... are published?? :rolleyes:

I have allmost every track and car now, but I don`t will have everything in a few months :p

4. Rodger Davies

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Just a thought, but I hope some of these are still around when it's morning over in the US. Especially as I'm guessing there'll be quite a few late risers today......

5. Rodger Davies

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Ha, I was wondering the same thing.

6. Frankymoe

Frankymoe Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    *Contains all RaceRoom Racing Experience game content released until the 26th of November 2015

But it was worth considering :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Andreas

Andreas New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Oh damn i was hoping we also get a discount for purchase VRP here. But still 10.000 VRP for 64,99€

8. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    As I said there are probably a number of reasons. First and foremost the Raceroom venues, like the Raceroom Cafes at the Nürburgring or the Raceroom trucks at racing events f.e. Always bear in mind that what we use on our PCs is basically a modded version of the software used in those venues. As I don't have any more insight than everybody else on here (except the devs) I won't go as far as saying that R3E is a by-product of the development of that software, but it appears content and features are produced according to the demands of those venues and the events that are planned for and around those.

It's a big investment if you look at all those things playing together and I assume he's invested millions by now, no idea how much of that returned and I guess it's difficult to put into hard numbers. But it is a great marketing means for his brands (KW/ST suspensions, LSD, belltech) and a gateway into motorsport partnerships.

9. Grenth

Grenth Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
  10. Frank25

Frank25 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
  11. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    I will second.Probably a 30% plus Vrp discount on raceroomstore.com and no store sales was nicer.Not that I complain.

12. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Well if I had that kinda money and my idea was to run something like the Raceroom venues (for whatever reason), for me it would only be a natural move to not only use that software in those venues. It's being programmed to work on a PC, so why not make the extra buck out of something you need to develop for your venues anyway and sell it on Steam?

13. Falschfahrer

Falschfahrer Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Black Friday, yeah ...
    Oh, only 30% for every Cars and Tracks ... hmm ... Just now i am having the sweet Voice of Lily Allen in my ears;
    "Thank" you very mutch ... oh, sorry my English is not good enough :laughing:

14. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Do we need Black Fridays, Cyber Weeks, Summer sales, Halloween sales, Winter sales, Any Sales at all?
    I can see it looking at me. I'm waiting for a sales to save some €s in a year. No one is buying for regular price. The effect is, every one becomes an addict to sales. Everything depends on sales.
    I think it's a mess for both, customers und producers.
    Why not reducing the price for some points and earn even receipts instead of pushing sales, when every one does.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Bought a couple of GTR3 skins on the sale, but waiting for a pack to pick up the rest.
    @J-F Chardon
    What's up with the new skins for the Mustang GT3, will it be moved to GTR3 or whats the plan?

16. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    There were some plans for a kind of trans-am class but those keep getting pushed back, so yeah that US Nationals class is pretty much useless right now. We'll need to do something with the stang and bringing it to GTR3 makes sense.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Do i get this right - it is new news to me - that Raceroom is something like an advertising or public relations campaign in game format, like America's Army is a shooter on behalf of advertising for the American military service?

Well, that changes quite some things, and is a two-sided coin.

For an advertising tool, it surely collects plenty of negative attention, which is counter-intuitive for somethign used as "advertising".

Second, it is too expensive - since when does the targeted audience of an "advert" have to pay for the advert - and then even more so than for the finished product (as demonstrated by other producers)? Adverts use to be free for the targeted to-be-customer (like American Army is...).

I cannot judge whether a game can serve as an advertising tool for customers in an industrial business branch focussed on car parts, but I admit I have a hard time to believe it.

Next, if it were like this indeed, then one would make sure to minimise the costs for the advertising tool - so it is even less understandable why to stick with things like they are.

And finally, and this is my biggest concern, if it were like it was claimed, that Raceroom simulation depends on an individual's good will to pump money into a business model not for income returns but as a "hobby", it would mean that we depend on this good will alone, and if it fades, we are "dead". I would prefer to have the Raceroom business having been founded and resting on the fundament of sustainable business practices.

Doing business means you do aim for generating a certain amount of profit. Necessarily. If you fail to do so, your business model is dysfunctional and your concept is not working.

Very queer, if all this is true. And I do not take it as granted that it is true.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  18. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    You mean you're not rushing out to buy lowered suspension for your sport truck?

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I don't even own a car. ;) I never needed to own a car in my life. Lucky me, saved me a lot of money.

:)

• Like Like x 2
  20. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Hippie ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1