News Black Friday Deals!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I wont mind if the 50 Euro "starter pack" becomes a permanent offering for R3E. However, S3 do need to work out the discounts for existing content or add some sort of loyalty discount or offer some sort of "complete your collection" model.The invested players should feel like they got value for money than being unsatisfied.

The game is really good as once you removed accessibility for new players then the unsatisfied feeling of existing players for paying so much more, I think this game has tremendous amount of potential to be popular.

I really dont mind putting more money into this game but till now, I dont feel I am satisfied.

EDIT: More important, happy invested players will help to bring in more new players via word of mouth.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  2. R.C. Collins

R.C. Collins Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    I agree, I've said before, I think the potential is huge and all I've been saying is a little something to the existing base.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. jcookeusa

jcookeusa Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    I find it odd that some of us are being lumped in with the type of person that complains about a product dropping in price over its lifetime. That of course happens and is fully expected and I, too, wonder why anyone would complain. In that case, where a single product is sold for a certain price at launch and then drops in price over time (sometimes with a steady decrease and often with periodic sales thrown in), it's just the way it is. The early adopters get to use the software for all of that time that the later purchasers don't. I buy most of my games in that way. I don't pay $60 for a new release. I wait 2 or 3 years, often, to get that same game for $5 to $10. When I feel the higher price is warranted (DCS modules, iRacing, RRRE, etc.), I pay it.

I could be misunderstanding the others, but my issue, at least, with this sale is that not only are these new customers getting the game cheaply (that is perfectly fine with me -- we need an influx), they're getting a more complete product. Those of us who don't buy this all-in-one product key, still cannot purchase all the content in packs. We still have to buy many of the cars, liveries, and tracks separately. Oh, and as R.C. Collins pointed out: We, the current customers, can't even find out what it will truly cost to buy all the remaining content. Unless I'm just clueless, there's no way to see what the liveries cost until you own a car, but don't own all of its liveries. When I earlier tried to calculate my actual cost to "catch up - in terms of content" with the all-in-one pack buyers, I couldn't even do that. I had to just guess at an average livery cost. That's just ...not right.

So, again: I, personally, am not complaining that I already spent money to buy the RRRE content I have. I made that decision willingly and I'm happy with it. I just can't understand why Sector3 didn't also offer a way for current customers to get up to the same "own it all" level. And by "a way", I mean a decent discount. 30% off non-packed and not even clearly priced content (can't see livery prices), is not much of a sale. As we all know, when content gets lumped into a pack, the effective permanent discount is greater than 30%.

Whew, this is tiring :) I hope any of you enjoying the Thanksgiving holiday had a nice one and you all have a great weekend!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. YANNLEBLANC

YANNLEBLANC Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Great move guys, it seems that the 500 codes are gone.

Thank you. :)

• Like Like x 3
  5. Anunnaki

Anunnaki New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Site is down , they extended

• Like Like x 1
  6. YANNLEBLANC

YANNLEBLANC Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, just see it and shared ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Really nice to see that they sold out on the first day! :)

And awesome that they decided to extend the sale!:kissingheart:
    Now let's hope they sell 10000 more till monday!!! :D

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Here's a hint: Never underestimate someone from a what you describe as a backwards, 3rd world country on their maths skills. I'm doing maths on a daily professional basis so I'm thrilled that I have your kind permission to continue speaking.

Guess what, I did the math, voila:
    2015-11-28_124711.jpg

I'll gladly explain any number in there if anybody is interested, or check the attached excel file and figure it out for yourself.
    So yeah, I lied, it's slightly over 100 bucks, my bad. But it certainly isn't three or four or five times the cost of the black friday deal as has been claimed.
    As I said in my earlier post, which I'm sure you've read carefully, this is for all cars and tracks, not liveries. Which of course raise the cost but I honestly don't see the point in buying any as you get to pick the one you like and you see the ones you don't own on other cars anyway without buying them. Yes, Friday deal contained them so technically people got something you wouldn't with this calculation, but from my pov it's not something that enhances to driving experience in any way.

As are they, which is why they have to make such compensations to avoid legal actions. Where I live contracts bind both parties. Or are you really trying to tell me that ANY company hands back money if they don't have to?

I honestly hope you're not talking about the US or UK...

What all of this has to do with the subject of people being petty about having paid a higher price at an earlier stage (which is usual practice with almost any consumer good), you tell me. Yeah, no, you probably won't, just as you totally neglected any example I've given before. I guess I know why...

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I can't believe there's even debate about this - the price is there, great introductory offer for new people, hope it catches on and we see more deals/pricing like this. Sure, I paid a bit more, but I've been enjoying the content I've had for a while so who cares? I don't own a house, so I don't think anything I've ever bought has ever not become cheaper in future. I paid £40 for GTR2, never regretted it even though it's available for a fiver now.

Anyway, on subject, picked up a few GTR3 skins and cars, but will hold out for a pack for the full set. Considering the Mustang after JF's post, and the Audi 90 in anticipation of the other IMSA GT set.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Wot he said :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Nicolas Leféroce

Nicolas Leféroce Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I learned maths to, and 99vrp (yesterday's price for a car) * 70% = 69.3 vrp (and no 99)

That's why there is a debate.

But the offer for new purchasers is very fine : that's OK for me (I bought one for a Christmas gift !)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    I think the all one pack is such a great deal for new comers, I know of atleast 6 drivers I race with over at Pcars with have brought the pack, and hopefully we will bring our league here as well once the MP is more stable..

• Like Like x 5
  13. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You mean yesterday's already discounted price for a car?

I'm not even gonna argue that this kind of misunderstanding should not emerge. It was an unclear statement that led to you thinking the discounts add up, which shouldn't happen. Agree.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Yes, this debate is getting tiresome and I'm not sure that gives a pretty picture to potential newcomers. I understand the frustration and the need to vent now and then, but by now if there was any hint for S3S, I think they must have got it ;)

Maybe something else to consider for all of us who had to pay a little more, we'll benefit from a larger fan base, so if that's what it takes to improve the game and hopefully the business model, isn't that worth it?

BTW I'm surprised the codes took so long to be taken, I really thought they would disappear in moments (optimistic me), but it's good to know all timezones could grab their share :) (I saw the offer had just been extended too)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    As compared to having a pile of unfounded and unanswered comments of people saying how unfair it is that only those newcomers are getting "special treatment"? Talk about a warm welcome indeed...

16. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    No, as compared to keep feeding the debate. These comments have been answered many times, in all sort of flavours and by many different people, back and forth many times. Time to let it rest IMHO...
    You've posted how upset you were (which I understand given all the personal effort you're putting in this), then tried to reason with logic and numbers whereas it's not how people will react when they see there's no real policy on securing the loyal customers. The problem has been worded, and it won't be improved by talks and persuasion I'm afraid.

18. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Well it's a discussion board. We could also just let everybody make his statement, don't care about facts and not talk to each other, that could be fun as well... ;)

I get what you're saying though and I'm afraid you're right.

So I best just shut my pie-hole and go back to finding some bugs. (Let the agree-points rain guys ;) )

19. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    You may have a point there ;)
    Well, in any case, we wouldn't want you to have a burnout :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    I picked up 4 cars, I do not think I am looking to purchase packs or experiences anymore so this sale was a good incentive for me.
    From
    GT1 I got the gt 40
    Wtcc 2014 I picked a Chevy livery that looked good
    Gtx I picked the p4/5
    Dtm 2015 give me Bruno spenglers car, so I can drive like bruno!
    Thanks for the sale!
    Rich