BMW DTM M4 V3 steering wheel replica

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by HoiHman, Jul 1, 2018.

1. HoiHman

HoiHman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    So a while ago raceroom finally updated the DTM cars to 360 degrees steering in VR.

But..... they also updated the steering wheel to the new version used in real life. This also meant my BMW DTM v2 version wasn't up to date anymore.

(link V2 version https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/the-bmw-dtm-steering-wheel-replica-v2.10106/ )

[​IMG]

While taking the first drive in the updated DTM cars and enjoying 360 degrees steering, in the back of my head i already thinking how to replicate this new version with the awesome buttons in the hand grips. :)

[​IMG]

The new version has a brand new magnetic shifter design, which really feel awesome and are adjustable.

[​IMG]

The rear enclosure is also completely redesigned and checkout that gold painted quick release :cool:

[​IMG]

The BMW DTM V3 steering wheel on my rig

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another cool feature is that i have found a way to programm the electronics so it's recognized as "BMW DTM M4" on every PC

[​IMG]

Imagine the smile on my face when i pressed the "DRS button" for the very first time on the straight .........:D

• Love it! Love it! x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  2. HoiHman

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Wow!!! I love these shifters... any chance they work/fit with the v2 backplate?:)

Edit: Just love your work... everyone getting a (DIY) wheel from you just can be happy, getting an awesome piece of hardware!!!

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  4. HoiHman

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Thomas, the new shifters are quite a step up from the old version ( which still feel great )

Their mounting solution is quite different with 2 bolts instead of 4 on the V2 rim, but if you really want to, i can design an adapter plate so they will fit the V2 back plate.

5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Im interested in the shifters for the Formula Carbon and or USB Hub .
    But im in Australia , where are you and do you ship to here ?

6. HoiHman

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    Sorry mate, currently these shifers will not fit on the Fanatec formula.

I have a Fanatec formula to and will probably design a new shifter for it in the near future. If i do, i will let you know, shipping to australia is somewhere around 25 euro.

• Like Like x 1
  7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Sounds good Mate , iIwill keep an eye open on this ! Your work looks awesome ;)

• Like Like x 1