BMW M6 GT3 behaviour on throttle

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base' started by Mettiti, Jun 27, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Mettiti

Mettiti New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    So I started using this car recently, and couldn't stop but notice how awkward it behaves when getting back on the power in a turn. What I'm used to is, after braking, turn in, slowly get back on the power while knowing that the more power applied the more balance shifts rearwards thus reducing turning ability. Essentially the more power applied in a turn, the less the car can turn.
    However with this car, especially on long medium and high speed turns, getting back on the throttle will actually turn the car in more than while off the throttle.
    I doubt this is something to do with the aero cause if anything the chassis rolling back when getting back on the power should in a sense decrease downforce with the decrease in Angle of Attack.
    So I am more inclined to think this is the rear slipping and cause a skid and pointing to the inside of the turn, but the predictable and "in control" nature with which this keeps happening, it doesn't feel like the car, or simply the rear tires are on the limit while this happens.
    The other GT3 cars seems to have a much more conventional behaviour on the power and seems more predictable, or "intuitive" in that sense,so wonder if anyone else experienced this with the M6 and has an idea of what it is.

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Try decreasing diff-pre-load by quite a bit and try, if it changes something.

3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Make sure you are not on an old setup too, start from the latest default. Recent physics and tyre tweaks make older setups redundant and they can induce strange behaviour.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure if this car really turns in tighter on throttle, but it does have less understeer on throttle than many other cars. This is why I like this car, I tend to step on the throttle early and the car is okay with it.

5. Mettiti

Mettiti New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    It definitely takes some getting used to, but I'm assuming this good turning characteristic of this car can be worth loads of time