BMW M6 GT3 Setup

Discussion in 'Norisring' started by Clubby, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Clubby

Clubby New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

can anyone support me and share a Setup for the Track, please?
    Thanks.

2. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    For THE track I would recommend THE default setup ;) A bit more info about the name of the track and what you expect from that setup change would make it easier to help you. Any info about your laptimes on the default setup would also be great.

Oli

3. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    You fell in the same trap as i did :D
    But then i saw this was posted in "community workshop > car setups > norisring" just before i wanted to ask :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. BeefMcQueen

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ...this goofyness has been with me all day today... So, sorry @Clubby for my ignorance. Still, the question remains, what you want the car to do different? It's hard to gain some tenths at Norisring, since you need a car that's good on the brakes, has a good turn-in, doesn't understeer throughout the hairpins, and most importantly can be accellerated confidentially out of them and the Schöller-S. Some good top-speed doesn't hurt aswell. What I did as a test: Since there's no highspeed corner, first thing would be to lower the wing and maybe lower rear ride height a bit for a tad more top speed. I then decreased the differential preload from 70 down to 40 to get the car rotate easier. Try setting the front anti-roll bar softer and/ or the rear stiffer to reduce understeer. But be careful, this and a low traction control setting can lead to a nervous rear end when accellerating out of the corners... I think the most can be gained by driving a very clean line. You might give later apexes a try to be able to get on the throttle earlier for exmple. Not sure if those setup changes, or getting used to the car and the line influenced my laptime more. Did a 51.331s after some laps.

Oli

5. Clubby

Clubby New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey, thanks for your reply :)

i´m not sure what my problem is...
    i only know, that i´m 1 sec slower then my friends in the Porsche...
    in the Competition mode i drive with the standard setup 51:287
    50% tracktion controle
    But when i drive in the training, my wheels don´t get tempreture and i´m 1 second slower...
    By the way, that´s often a problem for me, to get the wheels on tempreture... :)

FL: 62
    FR: 81
    RL: 66
    RR: 74

Thanks
    Clubby

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
  6. BeefMcQueen

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    I have to admit, I didn't pay attention to tyre temps. But yours seem plausible, given the lack of fast corners and only one short right-hander. Haven't tried the Porsche here, but its good traction out of corners might be quite an advantage, obviously.
    A tad more pressure and a camber set-up, presumably asymmetrical to make use of the whole contact patch, could be worth a try, too. Will give it a go tomorrow and see if I'm able to improve - time and temperature-wise.

Oli