Released BMW M6 GT3

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Thank you! Should have thought about this myself... :oops:

This list at least confirms the base weights of the cars as posted by the manufacturers. BOP is another thing though...

The base weight of 2 kg less than 1.300 kg for the Bentley made me chuckle... :D

2. Arthur Spooner

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I had a short test yesterday and can confirm both.

Not sure about the 650S (haven't tried this one specifically), but it was clear that the Bentley was quicker than the M6 in the middle of the straight, but not at the end. With rear wing on 0 on the Bentley and full (10) on the BMW, their final speed was about the same. Interesting to know. :)

Taking everything into consideration, I will surely use more rear wing on the M6 in the future. Doesn't make me faster but safer. And if people pass me on the straights...whatever...still better than passing me while having my car stuck in the armco... :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    I tested the M6 on Nordschleife today. I was able to set the rear wing to 4 (which is lowest) and had a "relativly" stable car.
    Does about 273kmh at Döttinger Höhe. Acceleration and top speed aren't the problem for me. I took the Porsche for comparision and it is so much better in EVERYTHING :D.. You can brake much later, have much better turn in and "agility"
    outstanding traction even without TC, almost no (power-)oversteer and also good straightline speed.
    So even if you feel quick in the M6, have a good setup etc. you are slow at the end of the lap. Then you try another car and feel like driving in another class.^^
    Maybe someone wants to try and / or tweak my setup^^

Attached Files:

4. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback.

I already have a list as long as my arm of faults/unintentional features with all of the GTR3 cars, but first I need to finish my cloning machine :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. 2Lame2Aime

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    And we appreciate your work!
    It would be very interesting to have a look at your list^^
    I'm "electrician technician", maybe I can help you with your machine. :D

6. Alex Hodgkinson

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Let's just say the list was so long, I decided it may be better to scrub it all out and start again!

7. 2Lame2Aime

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    Ouch....that sounds frustrating...

8. Alex Hodgkinson

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    With one eye on progress, nothing is frustrating :D

• Like Like x 2
  9. tw1st

tw1st Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Lachaussette

Lachaussette Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Really nice livery :)

But my fav is here... :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

Nothing 's really hard to do because this livery is based on the following Turner yellow :
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  11. Arthur Spooner

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Well, OK, there is another thing I'd like @Alex Hodgkinson to have a look at regarding the BMW M6 GT3.

Yeah, I know, I might be a bit a pain in the a$$ for him with this car, but this time something really weird came up. And it was actually not me who found out about it, but @m.bohlken. He told me about it because he knows I'm always driving this boat and wanted to help me.

What he told me was to try out negative toe-in values (so actually toe-out) at the rear of the M6. He told me that this also helped the handling on the C7 (which is what he always drives). At first I thought he was just kidding because from what I understand toe-out makes a car less stable at the rear, while toe-in stabilizes it. I couldn't believe it and refused to even try it out at first.

But in the end I tried it and WHAT THE ACTUAL F#*§!!!!!! This helped immensely! I was finally able to cure the notorious instability of this thing, just by using toe-out at the rear.

I just couldn't believe it and tried the R8. And there it worked just the way I originally expected it:
    Toe-in - more stable with tendency to understeer
    Toe-out - less stable with tendency to oversteer

So what's going on here @Alex Hodgkinson? What am I missing? Or could there be an error in your numbers? Or maybe there is a "-" when there should be a "+" on some of the cars? Why is the R8 reacting exactly the other way around compared to the M6 (and apparently the C7, which I didn't try myself)?

Could you pretty please either explain why this is correct, or in case it is not, take a look at your numbers and +/- signs? :D

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Alex Hodgkinson

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    This sounds like something odd going off in the suspension file. Sadly these GT3s pre-date the clever excel calculators I now use to analyse and create suspension components in game.

Luckily the ball is rolling forward towards improvement

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  13. Stickdeath1980

Stickdeath1980 Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    *cough's* don't see Aston Martin in that file :p

14. Arthur Spooner

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    There's something wrong...the Excel-sheets are all up to date, but the "GT3 Class problems.txt" is old and only 1 KB in size...
    :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Seriously, I just love the way you communicate and react to our concerns. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
  16. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Hey Artie,

you actually earned a beta-drivers seat with your persistence, I would suggest...
    Not interested ?

;)

17. Arthur Spooner

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Honestly - I'd love to if i had the time. Might end up in the M6 being a second quicker than any other GT3 though... ;)

18. Clausewitz

Clausewitz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    According to the RaceDepartment stream there's gonna be a fix for the M6 improving behaviour when running over curbs.

• Informative Informative x 2
  19. Alex Hodgkinson

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Yep - this car got a polish too. We just hope it doesn't make the others in class look bad now

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Brototype

Brototype Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Will this M6 update already be included in the next patch?