Brake pedal offset for heel & toe

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Fleskebacon, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    I got the G27 "Tilton style" pedal pads from DSD, which look and feel great. But they are all the same height, which made heel & toe a bit difficult. At least for me. I ended up over-revving badly...

So I offset the brake pedal and clutch pedal by adding some 1/4" plastic pads. I ended up offsetting them by 3/4", which feels good to me. Problem solved.

But just out of curiosity: How much offset do you guys have on your brake pedal, compared to the gas pedal? And how much is common in a real race car?

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    On my G27 I just moved the brake and gas closer together and learned to heel toe this way, so it feels good for me now.

your post may have me reconsidering though :)

Learning proper heel/toe has spilled over to my everyday driving, so I have also learned the process in my real cars - on my Mazda 3 i had to re-position the pedals. Of course i don't heel toe every time i need to slow down, but nice to be able to do when i'm in the mood.

3. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    What do you think is better for my G25. Buy new better pedals or just mod for break pedal with load cell (how good is for heel & toe) ?