Brake pedal problems with aging Fanatec CSP v2

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Thomas Friedrich, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys,
    I have a problem with my brake pedal. Stepping on the brake, with the pedal travelling about 1/3 to 1/2 of it's possible range, the tires are blocking, even with the brake pressure within the sim lowered to max.
    I don't know if it's because I use the CSP for about 3 years now and the spring/damper weakens over the time and it's now easier to step on it because there is less resistance? Is there any thing I can do with the hardware to make it stiffer? Or is there a software solution (because my overall feeling with the pedals are quiet ok)? I never had a problem with the CSP (besides an obligatory hall sensor change) and I have never changed anything, so I don't know what I can do.

2. schielchen

schielchen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Check if there's enough silicon oil in the damper.
    The steel rod is pushing on some strange stuff inside the black 'thing' it's going into.
    Check online if this behavior could be related to a broken loadcell.
    Good luck :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Thomas Friedrich

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Thank you @Fanapryde and @schielchen , I will look into both of it. The loadcell was replaced a year ago, so I guess (and hope) it's ok. The brake bar within the options also moves smooth, but reaches the max to early, with too less pressure/way on the pedal.

5. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    rebind it in game , if it is still the same after you have a few options , turn down the gain switch on the pedal set a little .. and my omg solution when everything goes wrong is using DIview to change how the pedal transmits to the game (slower/faster response or different dead zones etc

Andi

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Thomas Friedrich

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Aaaaandiiii... OMG! I forgot about the gain switch... man, I got so much work to do the last weeks and month and so little time for sim racing, that this was totally out of my mind... (or perhaps it's because I turned 40 lately)...o_O:confused:

Anyway, thanks to all for the alternative suggestions...

...feeling a little bit embarrassed now...:oops: