Brake pressure 95%

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SunnySunday, Dec 1, 2017.

1. SunnySunday

SunnySunday Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    So this is still the default setup for all cars. And I still can't understand the rationale about it? It's basically a handicap until you realize that you forgot to turn it up to 100%. Anyhow my question is what is the easiest way to change this setup for all cars and all tracks? Is there an easy way or do I have to start every car and change and save or what?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I see your point - and me saying this might not aid your case - but it's not meant in that way. It's more of a safety/usability feature for not-so-self-disciplined drivers because it lowers the chance of locking the brakes.

Also note that increased brake pressure increases brake disc wear, which is why many real life drivers also don't run their brakes at their absolute limit. Regarding RR, disc wear might not be a concern for the majority of users as in most cases you won't drive long enough to feel the difference (or have discs break), but afaik disc wear is being simulated, and they can break.

Regarding your question, I'm afraid you have to adjust the pressure manually for each car.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  3. SunnySunday

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    I do understand all those concerns when braking. But that should be handled by the driver not to push the brakes too hard. If I press the brake all the way down, I want full braking power, not 95%. I don't know, it seems very strange to have such a setting as default. I guess I'll be spending some time setting up all the cars, because I forget to do it before race and i'm pretty sure a big majority of people doesn't even know to change it.

4. SunnySunday

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    gah this is killing me.. Seems like you have to do setup for each car AND track.. There has to be a better way. Otherwise i guess im gonna have to learn to remember to change this before every race.

5. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    @Christian Göpfert is correct regarding some cars easily locking up if you use a high brake pressure.

Some cars like the FRX-17 or FR-US need lower brake pressure if you want to be sure you dont lock up.

Think of 95% as a standard middle ground for all cars where most dont lock up, while some do. Compare this to other games like Automobilista or rFactor where some cars only get 80% brake pressure.

If it bothers you, you can easily and quickly change it in the car setup :)

6. SunnySunday

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Yes maybe in some cars it makes sense. I usually don't drive the open wheelers too much, even though they are great and fun, i tend to use other series, which definitely does not benefit from the setting. But oh well, not the end of the world.

7. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Luckily you don't have to. It is true that setups are saved for the respective track you built them on but you can load any setup at any track. Just select "all tracks" in the left column and pick the desired car in the middle one.
    I use to create one general setup containing all the general changes I want for a car and then adapt that for the track I'm going to use if needed.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Eddie Ellis

Eddie Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I setup the Vette last night for every track by doing what Christian said. The grip level seems to be similar enough between similar looking tracks to re-use the setups. I just setup one car for GP tracks and one for dusty rural tracks.
    When entering a new track, I just select "all tracks" and load the last one I just drove and click "save setup" to lock in for that track.
    It's easiest to do leaderboard challenges to get in a hot lap quickly and move on.

9. Master_of_the_house

Master_of_the_house New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    You don't want the brake pressure at 100%. I think you don't know what is the purpose of that setting ...

10. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I've found that there only a couple of car classes that I'm comfortable using 100%. I usually set it between 97-98% but open wheelers are usually at 96-97%

I've also noted that the harder the springs (wheels may bounce a more over bumps) I need to use a lower brake pressure save spending a lot of time playing with the dampers to keep those tyres in contact with the ground more when braking hard in a bumpy braking zones

11. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    While a bit late and probably not too relevant that would only help a little for sunnysunday. His problem is not remembering to change the brake pressure so remembering to load a setup might not work too well either :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I have no problems with 100% braking, i think it depends on what type of pedals you use. I have load cell pedals that I can set to be incredibly hard (almost painful) to reach 100. I have them set up so that I can judge the last few % of braking easily. On standard pedals or controller this is almost impossible and so the 95% helps prevent lock ups. I found formula cars very difficult until I turned up the max load on my brake pedal

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    I use stock g29 pedals and have them set pretty damn soft in game and still use 100% on all cars although that might change once flat spots are implemented :D

14. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It's what you get used to I suppose. I can't use soft pedals anymore, feels so unnatural....

15. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Like most other things, this setting is largely personal preference and depends on driver ability and style. If you have good feel and control of your braking, then 100% is perfectly fine. If you're more heavy footed, then a lower setting may help prevent lockups. Of course, some cars have ABS so anyone should be ok on 100% with them.

16. dene

dene Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Usually I use settings from 85 to 90 percent. I think it helps with more precise braking and handling of difficult corners. Next, I installed a rubber brake on the brake pedal, which increased the power of resistance and significantly reduced the locking of the brakes. Improve my driving skills, I feel.

17. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I find that even tho I have load cell pedals that fact that I’m using an office chair makes it hard to set my pedals too hard as the chair moves and buckles lol.

18. Achokaracho

Achokaracho Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Before I build my rig, I had the same problem.
    But I fixed it.
    I took 2 old shoes under two of the wheels from the chair and it didn't move any longer :D

• Like Like x 2
  19. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    It might also help if in the game it listed the cars which have abs.

20. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    If a car has ABS it will say ABS: Factory in the garage menu.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1