Braking The Journey

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heavelyz, Jul 20, 2020.

1. heavelyz

heavelyz New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    So, after my request for braking practice tracks (thanks to all those who suggested), I also received my T3PA pedal order on Saturday.
    Surprisingly both Acc and Brake pedal both have a discernible dead zone before input is registered, but it's small and much better (read "much smaller") than my old TX pedals, now gathering dust next to my old wheel stand pro in the garage.
    On the upside, the conical bung add-on mod makes a significant difference and - having adjusted it, in my case to it's "highest" resistance - I was pretty instantly 3 seconds a lap faster at Mantorp with noticeably greater control on corner entry.
    That's also without any inclination/ spacing adjustments - they felt ok out of the box.
    However, though that means I am now competing with the AAI, I suspect I will still be about 3 seconds slower than many online players I have seen on JR/ SROUK.
    As an aside, because of the clutch on the T3PA pedals the footplate is much bigger and heavier. So though that hopefully means it's more robust: -
    1. it won't fit within the pedal securing strap on my X-rocker folding gaming chair {luckily my garage was full of trailer ties which are now jerry-rigging the pedals}.
    2. when the chair is folded, the pedals "hang" slightly - so the trailer ties are only an interim solution
    The X-rocker gaming chair pedal support is just a frame - there's no way to screw the pedal box to the frame without further fabrication work.
    More practice required, the braking journey continues.

2. geoffers

geoffers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Don't concentrate too much on braking Heavelyz, the best thing to concentrate on to get faster is getting out of the turns. The more speed you carry out of the turn, the more time you gain on the next straight. It's the old saying 'slow in fast out'.

3. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Not to mention that 3 seconds off the top guys isn't too shabby.
    I'm usually around 2 seconds off, and that's with a rigid rig, and plenty of experience.

Aiming to be in the top 20 is all very well, but there's a reason there's only 20 of them. :)