Brands Hatch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wozdecky, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    If it's the business model that's causing problems for getting this track done, couldn't they just charge 499 vRP for Brands Hatch for the full layout (GP and an updated Indy), but maybe offer a 299 vRP discount for those who already own the Indy layout?

Personally I'd pay 499 vRP for the full GP layout even without any discount, as long as the track was done well as other recent Raceroom tracks.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. wozdecky

wozdecky Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    At the end. I would like to drive laser scaned full course Brands hatch in r3e.
    You do a great job so please don't let us down.

thx,

3. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0

this sounds like a very loud bottom burp , if S3 chose to make this track then i guess it would cost them something as they only have the licence for the indy layout which came with the DTM package very early on ... we have to realise in the real world , nowt is free .... and the owners of the track would want to be paid ...
    this discussion has gone on for a few years and it has taken up nearly as many threads as MSportDan started ...

and then you tie in the business model .... lol

oh dear ,

Andi

4. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Can only confirm.

Brands Hatch came through with DTM in the layout raced by DTM.

Featuring the full layout would mean an individual license needs to be signed and paid for.

So in the end if we did it, it would be like Nurburgring and Nordschleife. Two separate tracks. Owning one, you would still have to purchase the other.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
  5. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    I'd be fine with that personally, if that's what it would take to get the full Brands Hatch GP layout into Raceroom.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Me, too... but I‘m pretty sure that there would be several other opinions.

Hm, maybe there would be a chance to replace the old with the new, let the old die (in the way it happend with the Ruf) and sell the new with a 30% discount for the owners of the old.
    If there would be a chance to sign a license for all msv-tracks with a better condition compared to brands hatch alone, that might help to get some of the money back that might be lost with A discount on Brands Hatch.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jusek

Jusek Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Whatever. :rolleyes:
    I would chuck my principles aside and pay for it. Some wouldn't but I'd imagine they are in a minority.

But if the GP licence is viable then please make this circuit a reality. There's huge demand for this track.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    Create a Brit track pack with Donnington, Oulton Park, Snetterton and lots of other fantastic tracks ... and Brands GP.
    A no-brainer instabuy for lots of us I assume.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  10. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Yes!

11. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Time will tell. There are a lot track pack options (GB Track Pack, Scandinavian Track Pack, Asian Track Pack, ... ) but each pack should contain at least 5 and more racetracks. Alex and his team have still a lot of work for these packs ... maybe we can talk about this topic in 2030 again :D.
    Who makes these license agreements? Why there is no opportunity for a license enhancement for each sim track? If I have the driving license for cars, I don't have to make a complete new driving license, if I want to drive big trucks in the future. I just have to expand my license by a new test for the truck. We know it's not your fault Sector 3, but these sim racing
    license agreements are nonsense.

So this thread can be closed: https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/devs-is-there-a-chance-to-get.10005/ ... :(

12. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Maybe a deal with MSV ... They own some of the best circuits in Britain. Possibly it won't be cheap to get all of them, but then again, Reiza somehow managed to get three MSV circuits at least.:)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    If Reiza can then in theory any studio can too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Conversely, RR has Suzuka. Why dont other games?

15. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    Another point why shouldn't it be possible.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  16. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Would love to see all the other MSV tracks too in the long run, but let's not forget the priority is Brands Hatch!

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    It does appear licensed in the Gran Turismo and Forza series.

Back to Brands GP, which is licensed in three of the PC sims. This does suggest MSV are open to doing a deal (as some of their other circuits appear in both pCars and Automobilista).

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    lol you know I was referring to other sims and not 2 franchises with limitless money and studios full of hundreds of devs...

I think we are to a point though, where every time Brands GP is mentioned, the possibility of it happening are decreased by 10% and the date pushed back 2 yrs.

It's time to let this one go and move on to greener pastures. Like Donington.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    Brands GP

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    On that note, I swear I heard Georg saying something about a new track in the works in one of his streams at the end of last year, and how it will possibly released relatively soon after the december patch...:) (But I'm not saying it will be Donington! Just there will be something to look forward to maybe...)