BUG - drive through after serving slow down

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base' started by AndreasAUT, Jul 5, 2021.

1. AndreasAUT

AndreasAUT Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hi sim racer´s and dev´s :)

As it say´s in the title, this bug happened twice to me. Daytona GT3 MP races, I got a 0,20 sec slow down penalty. When I released the throttle, the timer decreased and when it was 0,07 sec, the complete warning disappeared. I just thought "wow strange, that was quick" and moved on. After a while, I got a DT - I definitely made no mistake´s after that slow down. So it look´s like as the warning disappeared, but was still valid. And by pressing the gas pedal full again, the penalty has not been served ( this would be the only explanation to me ).

And yesterday, I got a DT again after serving a slow down penalty.

Btw WHEN do you get a drive through ingame?

Maybe some dev´s can check this out, because this bug is again a mp point´s killer :-D

cheers
    Andi

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    The slowdown penalty when given is for a cut track , and you are deemed to have gained x amount off time
    This penalty will pop up with a countdown clock , if you dont serve the slow down within that period of time the penalty gets flipped to a drive through a
    So if you had 0.07 left when it disapeared , then this means the timer had finished and you were awarded a drive through

The original
    Andi

3. AndreasAUT

AndreasAUT Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hi, original Andi :D

Yeah I got that with the slowdown for cutting the track.
    I can see the countdown where you have to serve the penalty and there was plenty of time and yes, I have served that in time.
    That excample with the 0.07 left, I had about 30 sec still to serve it, the warning just vanished then. I just thought that I have not seen this before because normally, the countdown runs down to zero and vanishes.

Hmm, can I see the slow down penalty in the replay? ( i dont think so )