Bug - Formula US - New Physics update...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Sep 17, 2021.

1. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Damn, I love those new physics update, the cars handle so much better, can't wait to see GT1s, GT3s, etc...getting the same love.

Anyhow, the Formula US drives much better, except the gear shifting movement is very pronounced now. I have a motion rig and my body is now jerked forward each time the car shifts.

NOTE:
    I didn't change any motion settings and others are "surging/shifting" just fine...
    @Alex Hodgkinson

2. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Is there a particular circuit you've noticed that on?

Do you have the FR-90, how does that compare?

3. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Hi @Alex Hodgkinson,
    I just did a few laps with the FR-90 (which is another car that normally kicks hard during shift/surging) but the FR-US kicks extra harder, un-naturally harder.

I toned down the surge/shifting effect a little on the motion rig across the game, but when compared to all cars, the newly revised FR-US shifting surge is extra hard, I would say 10-15% too hard.

Aside from that, you guys keep us the amazing work you are doing with the revised physics/suspension/steering column you are doing, it feels like the driving experience has been completely re-invented. Can't wait to see the GT1,2,3,4 series next.

4. azaris

azaris Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    The AI are absurdly fast in quali. With adaptive AI, they are at least 5 seconds faster than me (with engine map 5 and soft tyres) and so there's no point to qualifying at all.

They also pit way too early, after 15 minutes on mediums when the player can go up to 30 minutes on one set, making AI races meaningless.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  5. stlutz

stlutz Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Mandatory pitstop or no?

6. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I had a similar feeling with the updated X-17 as well, somehow the gearshifts feel much "longer" or pronounced than before, I find it a bit odd for a modern single seater.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. azaris

azaris Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    No mandatory pitstop.

8. stlutz

stlutz Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I've run into this with other cars. The suggestion that was made to me was to always use mandatory stops. Has worked for me on races up to 1 hour (have never tried anything longer)