BUG: Game giving wrong penalties on Suzuka.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by skswat, Oct 15, 2019.

1. skswat

skswat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    As mentioned in title, there is bug, which giving incorrect penalties due to track crossing.
    When car cause yellow flag under the bridge area and at the same time, cars are in the 130R section above the bridge, game wrongly recognize car positions which mix them up for a split of second and giving cars under bridge "overtaking under yellow flag" and tells you to give positions back or you get a penalty.

Here is replay from situation which happened in one of our race (cant see warnings and penalties as its recorded just from replay):

I went out of track after mistake which caused yellow flag. Right when I was returning on the track and passing under the bridge it gives me warning, that I overtake cars under yellow flag and need give back positions or I get Stop&Go penalty. I even let 3 cars overtake me within the time limit, but penalty warning was still there. Then time limit expired and got Stop&Go.

I know its very rare situation that happened, but if there is possible fix please fix it. :)
    Im not sure if this happening also vice versa, that cars in 130R get penalty if yellow is there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    Had similar issues before at Suzuka, I think the layout option 'West Course' makes it worse. It's based on the fact that the normal sim isn't used to figure-8-layouts. But every few months, S3 brings an update to this problem which makes it way better!
    Greetings

3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0

Thanks for the detailed report. I've added it to the bug tracker for a dev to check.

• Like Like x 1