Bug Bugreport: very heavy chassis movement in broadcaster mode

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Matthias Zlusch, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Matthias Zlusch

Matthias Zlusch Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hello guys,

since i am more and more in racing in Raceroom ive seen much streams and broadcasts and i allways wonder, why the movement of the cars look so crazy in some cases. When i drive myself ive never see such crazy stuff.

So this monday i drove a leaguerace on chang and the stream i watched afterwards shows the problem in a realy bad way. I think Chang is the best way to show that bug, because the difference between my Replay and the stream shows a realy big difference.

I think there is a bug in very wobling car-chassis when they hit the high curbs. the same happens in Imola when cars hit the sausage-curbs. i hope this can be fixed, because this is the way some people get in contact with raceroom and they see this crazy physics, which are not right.

Timestamp 57:00 virtual Racing league race

first three laps same race at replay mode on my PC

2. Matthias Zlusch

Matthias Zlusch Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    i used my high video editing skills to show the difference on point! xD

3. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure, maybe the broadcasting client receives less data about the cars than the driver clients which would make interpolation the position of the cars more difficult.

4. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Looks totally worse in streams. Yes. Seen this in all of the league streams. This is a bit bad marketing.

5. Matthias Zlusch

Matthias Zlusch Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    The position of the cars are very identical, so there doesnt seem to be a "lag" issue. Its feels more like the cars are getting much more input of the track surface with no data for the springs. So it looks like the chassis allway takes the position of the track below it, without calculating the Suspension in the car. But maybe you are right an its just not enough data.

That is exactly my thinking. People watching R3E Streams will think this looks realy bad. And it happens on much tracks. :(

6. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Hopefully devs will have a look at it. I think it is like that since December 2020.
    On older streams where not such issues.

• Agree Agree x 1