Bug Buriram - is there a timing bug?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by James Cook, Apr 27, 2016.

1. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    This is a difficult one to explain in words and concerns mandatory pit-stops at Buriram. The 'bug' (if there is one) has been present since the track/mandatory stops were implemented (forget which arrived first).

Essentially it appears to be a timing issue whereby the position bar along the top of the screen seems to lose track of cars while the pit window is open and AI are making their stops. Nearby AI cars go missing from the position bar which instead shows data for cars much further away as being my nearest competitors when they are clearly not.

For instance, I make my stop and rejoin the race less than a second in front of an AI car, yet the position bar shows the car behind as being something like 12 seconds behind. The car right behind me has basically gone missing from the timing shown on the position bar.

The timings eventually correct themselves after the pitstops have taken place and things settle down, so it seems as though a momentary lapse has taken place.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Here's how I described it in my report ;) :
    "...while the opponents are performing their pit stops their info in the position bar didn't get updated. I was behind them and I passed them while they were in the pits, but the position bar info only got updated once they left the pits and re-entered onto the track...."
    That's how I interpreted it, cars are somehow out of time and space while performing a stop.
    But yet another well spotted error.

• Like Like x 1
  3. rbn

rbn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Had a similar thing on Nurburgring and ADAC14 with mandatory pitstop.

If I pit the relative times to other cars stay the same for a while.
    I would assume since the pit takes 60sec the gap between me and the car in front would increase but the top bar doesn't reflect this.

Haven't payed to much attention to this because I was racing but couldn't figure out how much places/time I was losing during the pit. Could be bug, could be me misinterpreting the bar, but noticed it a few times :)

4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I think it corrects itself after the stops have been performed, it's just the position bar not updating whilst cars are in the pits.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Probably a better description there, Christian. :)

I suppose this isn't a pressing issue as such because the timing rectifies itself eventually but it makes following your position damn confusing for a short while.

6. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Had this on Oschersleben in GT3, but without mandatory pitstop