Bye Bye my Euro friends!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by GooseCreature, Jun 24, 2016.

1. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    As you will all wake up to find this morning, we (uk) are to be dragged out into the Atlantic in the not too distant future and cast adrift, rats are already jumping ship and I'd imagine much turmoil and uncertainty to ensue, my own considerable fears concern the backlash from the rest of the EU members states, I mean am I (or other Brits) to be rammed in first corner chaos? are we to be nudged just at braking marker and used as brakes for opponents? am I to be left alone in a MP session as the opposition slide off all around me?
    Well hopefully not as I do hate change! :D

2. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    You will just lose your voting rights when we introduce a voting system in MP :p

• Funny Funny x 17
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Now is that an exclusive? or just rubbing salt into the gaping wound? :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Well, though Brexit is a bit sad, though I fully understand the point of view.
    Personally, I 'd rather see the "European Union" (as it is now) disappear in its whole. Still searching for the advantages... too much rules and reglementations forced upon people...

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 8
  5. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    @Georg - well we clearly don't deserve voting rights. Nigel Farrage and Boris Johnson and their infantile fantasies of "Great Britannia" standing alone in some great Victorian style renaissance are embarrassing and dangerous

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Looks like the propaganda and national scapegoatism worked.

Not trying to attack you personally, you're entitled to having an opinion, I just wished it was an informed one. That's the thing the EU can be blamed for, not making enough or not the right propaganda for itself, but on the other hand it's always easiest to just point out flaws and oppose to sth without presenting viable and reasonable alternatives. It's what makes me such a good beta tester. :D

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    This whole referendum wasn't just about staying in the EU, is was about the public saying we have no trust in our government and have not had trust in them for years, they have become puppets on a string, it was also about a class divide in this country let alone the immigration side of things, so people who have never voted before have come out and voted to kick the government and all the parties up the arse, and have said listern to us for once. For me (leave) you have to try things, we have voted out, a good thing in my eyes, now we can try to sort this mess out, without being controlled, and if it fails and if the EU still exists (which I don't think it will) we can get back in, but if we stayed in we would never see another referendum again and never had that opportunity.

I agree about Farrage, but Boris is not dangerous, but his twin (Trump) could be, but even then I agree on some of the things he has come out with, I think Politics has to change and hopefully this is the kick start to it.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  8. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    I know, opinions differ, but I guess that after having spend 64 years on this planet, having had a lot to do with politics in my active career, I would not say my opinion is not informed. I saw many things happen and change over the decades, and not all of the changes are for the better (to say the least).
    Anyway, I am not really here to discuss the benefits or downsides of the EU (I am going to spend some Euro in the R3E summer sales and have me some nice races) since opninions are and will always be divided. So now me goes to shop...;)

• Like Like x 2
  9. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    I'm not here to judge the decision of the British people.
    But I don't think this possibility will be given to you, if your experiment should stall. This will be a one-way ticket.
    EU cannot afford to keep this comeback open. So every member would have a shot to try and then return to mama's boobies, if it doesn't work? This would be the end of EU indeed.

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    It's all fair and I'm sure you've seen and experienced a lot more than me, but it's that notion of decisions being forced down the peoples throats that I don't get and think is mainly used as a means to blame, to deflect responsibility to the higher level to not have to take personal responsibility and endure possible consequences.

There's enough things to criticize about the EU or current politics in general, I'm not arguing that. But taking an approach that only wants to conserve the national status quo, stagnation and nationalist preservationism ("this is not the country I grew up in and I want it back the way it was 40 years ago") is not a reasonable strategy from my pov.

Maybe it's a demographic problem of our western, well fed societies. A growing number of elderly trying to find sth to do with their time, and at the same time being afraid of an uncertain future cause they actually have quite a big amount of wealth to lose. So they make themselves heard politically and pursue strategies that are not in the greater interest, but only preserving their own wealth.
    Maybe they should follow your example and rather invest their time in sim-racing. ;)

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. rd.king

rd.king Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
  12. Nigel Fox

Nigel Fox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    As a Yank dealing with similar sentiments across the Pond, I'm afraid that we're all having to deal with a growing global unease. The middle classes in the developed world are feeling squeezed and abused, and are collectively growing fed up with governments which to one extent or another, are treating us all as a resource to be milked for "the greater good." Thus the Brits voted for their exit, and we have the glorious Mussolini - I mean, Donald Trump (oh my Lord), when we had several very good candidates on the Republican side. But the cranky middle class aren't about getting along or getting things done, and I hate to admit that government stubbornly refuses to reform itself. SOME parts of it. We've been living under a defacto dictatorship for the past seven years, the bureaucracy for which I work refuses to budget like most households have to do, and the administration seems more afraid of its own citizens than Islamic radicals, which it won't even name.

Oh, the joys of living on a planet held hostage by our bureaucrats and special interest groups... Lord help us. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  13. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    As an avid supporter of Grexit for us here in Greece,I could only applaud and congratulate the British people for their brave decision to leave this German-led Europe.The German government and the Brussels bureaucrats are struggling life and hope out of all the European people.British people ,be brave, we support you.Best of luck.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  14. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Will this divide this great community finally?
    Hopefully no!

15. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    We will build a new wall, a better one and make Vauxhall pay for it. And if you guys ever get serious about joining Europe again give us a call and we'll send some longboats... SAABsVolvos and Beemers to reclaim the Saxon and Norse parts, I'm afraid noone can still pronounce Welsh so they will be known as the freemen of the west, living of the land and rally.

We certainly live in interesting times lads, all we can hope for is peace and unity. Possibly great racing, but mostly peace.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Zinker73

Zinker73 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    It's sad to see the UK leaves the EU, especially since i actually happen to like the "Brits" alot. They are an important part of european culture and identity and always will be, just sad they leave the biggest european project ever and watch it all from the sideline in the future. There is alot to reform about the EU,no doubt ... but leaving it is not going to do that. I just hope the average Joe over there on the island isn't going to have an rude awakening sometime soon, realizing that alot of the things that the EU is blamed for was/is the fault of thier own government and alot of the promises made by conservatives of all colours were nothing but words. It amazes me that conservatives all over Europe,not only in the UK, are managing to make people vote for them that should have the least interest to do so ,they always manage to point thier fingers at someone else for thier own mistakes and alot of people are buying just that. It's sad, and it doesn't leave me very hopeful for the future. Sad Day, for all of Europe.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    German and French banks had been pumping money, by reckless money lending, to European periphery (like Greece) in order to support their own export industry (FE cars and weapons). When it became apparent that the banks would not get their money back, those two countries have dictated policy that would minimise the losses. For example, Finland has paid 8 billion Euros to support Greece, of which 80% have gone straight to those banks. Personally I can't support such an Union, and I'm not surprised by the Brexit.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Leper Messiah

Leper Messiah Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Are we all aware that the "great" politician Tony Bliar (yes misspelt on purpose) was a remain supporter?!!!! There's a damn good reason to get out right there!!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Jake Fangio

Jake Fangio Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I voted to remain,but alas it didn't work out.The thought of crawling back with cap in hand makes me sick to the stomach though,and I for one would rather suffer the fate of the decision.It is what it is,and we'l all pull together and make the best of it.

• Like Like x 3