Question Calculation of the discount within the store

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Thomas Friedrich, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    I have a question regarding the shown discount within the store. I thought about buying the premium pack. The given discount was 94%. I was pleased to see this, but at the same time a little bit worried if it could be right, because I know I miss a certain amount of content (prototypes, open wheelers, pro car, etc.).
    In the shopping cart it was also shown a discount of 94%, but I don't get the calculation: the premium pack is 9.999 vRP, my price was 3.443 vRP. I think this is a discount around 60%. To confuse me completely it's also stated that I "save 11,77%". That would be a little bit short of discount given, because I think I own definitely more than this.

To make a long story short, I don't want to complain about the business model or given discount, I just want to understand the calculation and the shown percentages.

Attached Files:

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    The very high discount percentage (94 % in your case) relates to the single purchase price of all the items included in the pack. It is relative to all car models + all liveries + all tracks, you get the idea. So 3443 vRP = 6 % of what the items in the cart would cost if you bought them seperately.

The discount mentioned at the end of the cart (12 % for you) is the discount you get for buying the amount of vRP needed to make the purchase. The total of the items in your cart is 3443 vRP, which equals 34,36 €. It is a discount for buying larger amounts of vRP in one go via the in-game store.
    Did you hover your mouse over the little "?" next to it? This should show a short explanation of the position and what it means/does.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for the explanation.:)

• Like Like x 1