Calendar of R3E events

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by frandulio, Apr 8, 2019.

1. frandulio

frandulio Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    There are many R3E Communities in all the countries that make Events and Championships with this fantastic simulator but I think we do not have a common site where any pilot can see all the race offer that there are, there are still pilots that run in multiplayer for lack of information, it is my opinion.

It would be very good to have a calendar in the menu of R3E where all the Communities can add their Events and Championships so that any pilot, doing a simple view, can see the schedules, days, cars, inscriptions, etc.

In RRS we have an Events calendar of R3E that we update manually and each event has its link with all the info:
    https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=raceroomspain@gmail.com&ctz=Europe/Madrid

I leave this idea here and I hope it does not fall into oblivion. Many communities are doing a great job with R3E and I think we would all very much appreciate a common calendar with all the info of all the races. Sector 3 Studios is doing a good job and I would not like to make them work more :hearteyes:

• Like Like x 5
  2. frandulio

frandulio Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Do not you think it's a good idea to have a calendar of events in the R3E menu?
    :rolleyes:o_O

3. Vantskruv

Vantskruv Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I love the idea. SRS is the absolute best service for online race as of yet (as it makes people be careful because of the ranking system), and it would be perfect to be somewhat integrated in Raceroom, or if R3E made a bonework for this themselves. I am so sad there is not enough people racing in Raceroom. :(

Excuse me, I need to put this in -- the open multiplayer servers totally suck.
    And to balance it out, Raceroom is very much awesome, and it would be very much more so if an event system, as @frandulio pointed out, would be integrated. Hence you can book up for several races and be notified when they come, and join them directly in Raceroom.

I have seen two possible communites to join, ERS and Redline Racing, I was very glad and eager of ERS, as I saw they where arranging DTM92 races, but then I saw that the races only occured on EDT time, so the only one available for me seems to be Redline Racing, but currently I am not sure how everything works there with the races.

Raceroom is really missing a good way to join people. Currently the communities is scattered, and I am not sure which ones are easily available. Because of this, I may race only online once a second week, or maybe even every fourth week, on SRS currently, as I have no possibility to join and attend at every race in a cup. A bunch of people seems to be interested to race on fridays, but I can only race every second friday.

Raceroom needs a ranking system, or SRS integrated, and more people to continue, to live on.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Honestly, I really don't see the need for this and would rather that S3 focus on the sim and leave the community to sort out... the community.

I don't even think an in-game calendar would be practical. If everyone had access it would just become jammed full of random events hosted by anyone and everyone, properly organised or not, and would be little different than the random crash-fests we already have on public servers.

Also, I don't think many community organisers would use it much. Most already have an established user base with their own communities, forums and event calendars, and those serious about racing online already know where to find them. Given the time and effort already required to maintain such communities, why would they want to make more work for themselves by maintaining another calendar on which their events would get lost amongst all the chaff? As an organiser myself, I certainly wouldn't bother.

The fact is that open multiplayer always sucks, regardless of the sim or even the genre of the game. Having a calendar isn't going to change that, nor it is going to suddenly create worthwhile, clean, fair racing at convenient times for everybody on the planet including those with time constraints. The key to finding good online racing is to find a community which provides racing when it suits you. If there isn't one then sorry, but perhaps you need to reorganise your priorities and find the time to enjoy the hobby you love. Either that, or perhaps consider asking to join the staff of a community so that you can offer others events at other times.

5. Vantskruv

Vantskruv Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    @Goffik , yeah, it seems you are right in that.
    It is sad though there are no big communities out there, and the more communities, the smaller they will be, finding less people to race.
    The biggest communities I found (source raceapp.eu) has about 150 members. But sadly, one of them is mainly for american time, and the other one seems to only be for germany. The third one, with about about 90 members is based at european time. Most communites arrange championships, which is a really fun thing, but it is required for you to attend all the races, and even if I could attend at 2/3 of the races it feels wrong (I do no want to take a place from another who can fully attend). They also arrange single events, but it seems there is a lack of interest in the that.

Problem here it seems drivers are scattered between countries, and there is no good point of source to join up people. Yes of course, there is a big chance bad people may join if it is too easy, but this should be solved by a ranking system (yeah, I may go out of topic here).

Currently, very roughly estimated with the source of raceapp.eu, it seems there is only 150 serious drivers in america, 250 drivers in europe. The other communities, where are they, and shouldn't they merge? Something is missing here. :|

6. RWB Charger

RWB Charger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't take raceapp as an indicator of the size of a community, those are just registered drivers for events, for example on ours it's says 35 drivers but that is the amount registered for one league race running 8 weeks, we have about 250 members.

What would be better is a list of Discord sim racing communities on a list but such a thing doesn't exist sadly.

7. Vantskruv

Vantskruv Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Yeah you are right, I was irritated and whiny when writing that comment. X)
    Even though, realistically, there are much more members in the communities, it does not tell how many is active, also many communities are dividing their userbase in different simulators, even iRacing, though every community is different.
    I.e. one community, RLM, which have about 900-1000 members, only currently has 206 drivers tagged with Raceroom, and it seems only 10% normally applies for single events (very bad statistically measured by only two experiences of mine :D ). More people though are surely applying for championship events. (I am thinking about applying for a championship in the ESR community, but I will probably miss 2 races of 5, so currently I am hesitating to join, but if the slots will not be filled, I think I will join anyway, no harm done. :) )

The best impossible whish is that all the communities would join up. More people is needed to fill up the grids.

Currently, Sector3studios is missing a part in their R3E engine:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  8. Magictap

Magictap Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    RaceRoom discord always have online races posted in the onlineracing section ;O)

9. Vantskruv

Vantskruv Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I think i need skip Raceroom. I will try iRacing instead.
    As @Goffik said, I would need to reorganize my priorities, but than I need to quit my job.
    :(

Edit: It will be a hard to time adapting to another sim, RaceRoom is great overall.

10. Racki

Racki Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    Small side Info: RaceApp shows the count of regular drivers. That is at least 3 rated events in the last 12 months.

I could do a scheduler but not sure if there would be much audience to it...