Released Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Oct 3, 2016.

1. César "Kuma" Contreras

César "Kuma" Contreras New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It is painful what you have done to the callaway with the BOP, before it was a mediocre car in curves but good in straight, now it is mediocre in both aspects. I understand that you equaled them because it was perhaps the best, but you have passed, you have fucked those of us who are in championships and we can not change the car. P.S. Fuckingly I love raceroom but you have fucked me xd

• Dislike Dislike x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Yeah! I have to say that what ever you did to the Callaway you over did it, I understand the BOP but might be a idea not to go to far but small steps and see how it work out... just a thought...

I do like driving it and put it to a challenge to focus on using the Callaway in all races this season, but it is a bit more than a challenge after latest BOP. Acceleration is off until you get up to speed but then most competition is way off already and catching up is not something you do in the current state of it. Basically you really need to drive like a insane mad man and not even that help, only way I see you get advantage is if competition make a mistake.
    Anyways I'm gonna stick to it maybe there is a way I haven't found yet, but I doubt it unless a change is made to it.. :D
    Handling is good not great and acceleration is.. yeah! right! the car.. it is just off.. o_O

• Agree Agree x 4
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  3. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am far off being a really good/fast driver but I am good enough to point out that the Vette C7R was killed by the last BOP.

Acceleration is a word not to be put in one sentence with this car anymore. I can not believe how often I was catched on long straights even the car behind was way off slip stream. And I am complete with Mich Angel that even driving like insane not even helps. Ok, I know all those over skilled drivers will say....but I like to see one of them driving the Vette against just Porsches with same skilled drivers...sure he will quit...makes no sense fighting them.

And to be honest there is one little thing what for sure could be due to my "driving style" (if this can be called so :D) what really really really really really pisses me off...I am always faster with the old Vette...I can not see a development with the Callaway. Not that fast, worse accelaration (ups), worse cornernig, worse top speed...only positive things are...looking awesome and sounding awesome and superb cockpit and LCD.

Again I like to point out I am not that skilled to really judge a car or the performance in general. But I wonder why there are still some driving other cars than the Porsche in RL...;)

I wish the BOP on this car would be set back...I do not mind the worse fuel usage as the most online events are about 20/30 min and it seems that in the past this did not harm the performance at all. Ok, on long distance it may look very different but hey...maybe this is not the car to be used for that. Again the most online races (as far as I have seen in the past) are about 20/30 min...

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2018
  4. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Another little thing...

I wonder why we have "4" liveries only for this car. Why not implemeting fantasy livery ? Is this due to a restriction ? Kinda contract stuff ?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
  6. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    This year 2 complete new Liveries will come up for the C7 Vette in real life. The one from Callaway Competition in Pirelli World Challenge and the one from Bingo Racing that will come into competition in the 10h Suzuka-Race. Maybe we have a chance to get those Liveries in R3E, too.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nemesis2805

Nemesis2805 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0

:cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2
  8. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    vette.jpg

These beauties are bulid 25 min from my home so I have no other choice ;)

• Like Like x 4
  9. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  10. RampageRacing

RampageRacing Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    I am excited to see the Callawy car competing in the PWC series although I am disappointed that the two car effort was reduced to one car.

• Like Like x 1
  11. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    At least for the first race. It seems that they want to come with the second car a few races later, as the have started to late with building up the car. But left a lot of room for speculation...

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Racing in a League, what I see is that even between the most experienced and superfast drivers you rarely see one who doesn't take the latest and fastest model he can get, unfortunately - just two drivers so far had the guts to compete with "inferior" cars like the P5 or the Camaro (before latest BoP), but man, they'd shown the rest what you can get out of them if you want to...which
    I consider the "real spirit" that often is repressed by over-ambition (&Ego) to become first no matter what.....rather than just enjoying the experience of racing itself.
    Despite that I'd chosen the Callaway Corvette, cause the car instantly felt most direct and agile compared to the other new GT3 (imo - AMG drives like a brick on ice for example), pitty that the overall performance doesn't reflect that anymore....:(

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0

What's missing is the track.

• Love it! Love it! x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    And the rocket launch last year. That was awesome.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I like to say....I wish I could marry this car...still single I am...so some hope left :D:D:D

Although I really did not welcome the last BOP on this car I will stick to it no matter what. Love from the very first day.

Today I focused myself on very very clean racing without pushing like crazy and I could set some decent lap times on diff tracks AND could beat my team mate running this outstanding Porsche on the leaderboard (Nordschleife) by 0.2 sec which means the world today for me :Dand so I can find my peace at least for today.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    AH! :hearteyes: Callaway and Sebring ...two favorite at once :hearteyes:

17. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am going to convert the sound for setting up my new ringtone :D

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  18. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I told ya....and I am drunk today...spare time..:D:D:D

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  19. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Coming back to that one... If I noted it right, know the Corvette-Logo is completely gone. Is that intended?

20. Nemesis2805

Nemesis2805 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    So far, nothing has changed on the Liverys ...