Question Can H-Pattern & Clutch be activated for all Cars

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by M D Gourley, Feb 11, 2018.

1. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Question: Can the H-Pattern Shifter and Clutch be activated for all cars.
    I get that not all cars in real life have H-Pattern shifting available, and there are some dedicated H-Pattern car Packs available in Raceroom, but as a Simulation Racing Game of the real thing I would like to be able to Simulate the action of being able to drive / race a car that would not normally have H-Pattern...in H-Pattern...for the share enjoyment / immersion and extra challenge it gives....especially in the GT cars...as driving in Sequential, while very exciting is reasonably easy and unfallfilling.
    As an older generation Sim Driver / Racer I personally like to just drive a car around the tracks in Practice mode, listening to the awesome audio and the great FFB that Raceroom provides, listening to the revs, feeling the power of acceleration and being precise going through the gears with Clutch and H-Pattern...this personally to me adds real Simulation / immersion value.....Is there Hope of this?

2. JTT - Gege21 - (FR)

JTT - Gege21 - (FR) Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hello, I 'm exactly in the same case; I'm also curious how to enable (the process) the functionality to use H shifting pattern as I own a G25 and hadn't be able to use my manual H shifter. I followed on Steam forum the advices from a guy from Sector3 studio and apply the exact advices in the parameters games but no luck. Even if all is set to manual (shifting gear, gear box and each gear recognized in the main parameters controller) when in practice single player mode on start the car it wont to react to my manual shifting gear.
    I tried to press F4 key (automatic Gear Box) that toggles effectively to ON/OFF but F5 key (automatic Gear clutch) don't toggles it is always set to ON. Is there this manual feature only available for old car in RRRE with H pattern designed or is it available for all the cars ?
    Thanks to clarify this automatic clutch feature which can't be disabled.

3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    @M D Gourley Sorry, but I don't see this happening. Mainly for one reason, exploitation. What you're asking for was actually possible in the early days of RR and people abused the living heck out of it by going from 6th gear directly to 2nd or 1st to gain engine braking.
    So for the sake of realism and also fairness that freedom of play has been dropped and I for one think it was the right thing to do. It's just what it is. Real life drivers in the GT3 series can't chose to have an h-box fitted in their car, so we can't either.

@JTT - Gege21 - (FR) You have to use a car that does have an h-pattern gearbox in real life (Touring Classics, Group 5 and some others), otherwise your h-shifter won't work because, well, see above, all those modern cars like GT3 and alike just don't have h-pattern gearboxes. They are sequential so you have to use a sequential shifter or paddles.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. JTT - Gege21 - (FR)

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    @Christian Göpfert Thanks for the clarification. All I have to do is to select a touring class car or older types car fitted with H pattern gears. Thanks you so much. Your help very appreciated.
    Cheers
    Gerard

• Like Like x 1
  5. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the answer.:D

• Like Like x 2
  6. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  7. JTT - Gege21 - (FR)

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    @Peter Koch Thank you very much for the interesting response via the link.

8. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Not possible I'm afraid. The cars with sequential boxes and paddle shift are coded in the physics to only allow one gear at a time to be changed.

• Like Like x 1
  9. JTT - Gege21 - (FR)

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Ok I tested my sequential lever shifter switch on the G25 shifter and sometimes when I down shift the gears, the game downshift automatically without having down shifted myself. I press F4 key to see if I'm on automatic gear box but no I'm in manual mode. I must to tweak a bit the delay time to avoid too rapid action. The delay time by default is set to 0.05 s in the options parameters and I believe a value to 0.35/0.4 would be better.