Can we please have all shifting options in the same controller profile?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kollo, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Another thing that rFactor 2 does a lot better. I would like to have all shifting options in the same controller profile and a toggle button (that rFactor 2 doesn't have) to toggle between H-Shifter and Sequential. Currently i have 3 profiles only for the different shifting methods.

Even for sequential i had to make 2 different profiles. One for Paddles and one for the Stick. Rediculous!

2. Bodaz0815

Bodaz0815 Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    You can directly connect your TH8A to your wheel (with the 6pin Adapter), then it has the same input "buttons" as the paddles. No need to change profile then, I do the same with my TH8A.

Edit: Only possible in sequential mode.

3. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    life and its first world problems .....
    seriously it isnt that much of an issue , a few clicks , this after you have already turned on a pc , wheel , loaded up steam , selected the game ..... whats an extra click or two

Andi

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. rafnix

rafnix New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    @Kollo, it is possible with one profile BUT you'll have to choose either 'H-Shifter' or 'Sequntial' IF you want to use clutch in a realistic manner and car dependent.
    @Bodaz88, clutch is automatic in sequential mode which keeps clutch pedal obsolete.

Essential condition is a recognized wheel from the game. Assetto Corsa n PCars are the only on the market satisfying such a demand.

5. Bodaz0815

Bodaz0815 Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    @rafnix I didn't mention anything about clutch. I meant that the Shifting Paddles and the Sequential Shifter are handled as the same buttons.

6. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Could you please explain?

7. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    A workaround would be buying a Fanatec Clubsport Shifter SQ V1.5.... here the paddles and the shifter have the same mapping.:D

8. DreamsKnight

DreamsKnight Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    Profile system is the best in the market. There is also who change wheel for example.

It is also true that every game support multiple inputs for the same function , except sims. :O

9. rbn

rbn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Compared to other sims R3E has the best controller options imho.
    Yes you have to copy them manually, but once done its just a few clicks away.

In AC you have to leave the track and get to the main menu (very annoying), pCars doesn't even support different profiles.
    I have like 5 profiles: paddle abs, paddle no abs, sequential abs, sequential no abs, h-pattern.
    Just in a few clicks everything is setup for a specific car with the correct shifter type, deadzones, ffb etc.

• Like Like x 2
  10. rafnix

rafnix New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    What I mean is, if a game recognizes a specific wheel, G29 here, in both AC n pcars no need to left menu or relaunch anything, if a car has an h-shift gearbox, you have to use it - paddles don't work - and vice versa. That's unique and I for one do love such a sim immersive feature.

edit: and yes, I guess Kollo has to use at least 2 profiles for #1seq pedal, #2seq stick, #3h-shift

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  11. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    That's true, though I have to use two profiles for sequntial shifter and paddles in AC and in pcars there's no possibility of using sequential shifter and paddles without remapping in game without using third party software.

Anyway, written all a bit wierd:confused:.

12. DreamsKnight

DreamsKnight Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    yes but.. who cares? press esc in the middle of the track, controller, click profile, esc.
    3 click 2 seconds.

and i'm lazy. a lot lazy. :D

13. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Again Andy!!

QUOTE="Johnny Turbo Guttman, post: 99641, member: 370"]It's a little bit funny, every time this question have been discussed there's always some naysayers who claim that we do not need automatic settings of gearbox. Instead we are recommended to do some diffrent Controller profiles (and shift every time we shift cars) or do the required settings...without whining...it is a first world problem, right!

Previously, we had another First World problem. We had to change the steering setting (
    Wheel range and Steering lock) every time we changed car (is there anyone who lack that?) That's not necessary anymore, the setting is saved per car.

There is actually tons of settings we can change per car so the question is why not the type of gearbox the driver prefer?[/QUOTE]

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/gears-in-h-mode.6950/

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017