Question cannot assign/edit t300 gte/t8a

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Gareth Hughes, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Gareth Hughes

Gareth Hughes New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi All, im sorry this post may be as basic as it comes, i have t300 gte thrustmaster and th8a shifter, on entering game i can see thrustmaster300rs listed as default, i cannot edit it at all, i see there are little bins next to the list but i have tried checkeing and unchecking them but cannot add my shifter movement so as to register it with wheel, im well very stuck, sorry if this is something simple to sort and ive not seen it, can you please help me out Gareth,

2. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I'm using a T300 GTE + TH8RS + Clubsport Pedals. All I have to do is click on the default profile for the T300RS then edit the primary control assignments to map controls to the shifter and pedals. Once this is done the profile detects the shifter and pedals and I can save the profile under a custom name. Are you unable to do the same?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gareth Hughes

Gareth Hughes New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, sorry for late reply, gand prix was on then beers :) .. i have now done what you derscribe :) but for me when i leave pits, on exit o lose my throttle pedal? , i leave game and go check in profiler and it isnt showing a connection, i reboot pc and the pedals then work in profiler? is there something else i should be doing? is there a button to press"like pit exit to make throttle work?"

4. Gareth Hughes

Gareth Hughes New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i will check but i dont think i get option to save profile, will check now..

5. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    When you edit the default profile a duplicate is automatically created and saved which you can then rename. (The little pencil icon above the bin)

When you say lose throttle do you mean you can't get out of the pit box, can't rev the car?

6. Gareth Hughes

Gareth Hughes New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, i will check profile now, i have throttle in in pit box but it doesnt work as soon as i leave pit area, like to join track, i will try it out again right now and let you know, many thanks for your time in helping out :)

7. Gareth Hughes

Gareth Hughes New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, went into game my throttle lasted long enough to get on track, wheel was turning left to right i had little control and then throttle died again, i exit and check profiler and i have lost control of it, will reboot and check profiler again ?

8. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    You can check the controller inputs in-game too. It's in the advanced settings menu below secondary controls. Then you can see if the game is registering your wheel correctly.

9. Gareth Hughes

Gareth Hughes New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, yes checked all, show working im at a loss right now? i am currently trying to find out how to delete my wheel, shifter,pedals out of windows registry um so as to start from beginning again,?? havent found topic on how to do it yet, searching a few forums,

10. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Very strange. Might be worth doing a clean install of drivers as you say. Is it ok in other racing games?

11. Gareth Hughes

Gareth Hughes New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, yea works in pcars throttle that is, and rf1, still looking to see what i need to do with windows registry aint found instructions yet