Question Can't get into Raceroom

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Nash Bobo, Dec 20, 2021.

1. Nash Bobo

Nash Bobo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Can't get into Raceroom. It worked fine after maintenance put it back on line. The Saturday I got a error message from Steam. Went through the instructions (https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/21F5-8D5D-0141-7A5E), but could not verify the files. Went over to the library and it said "updates paused". I could not click resume. I'm out of ideas. Need your help. Give me some ideas to try.

Thanks
    "Nash"
    Steam1.jpg

2. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like you still need to get steam to update it to the last patch.

3. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Vale, I need more details on how and what you mean.

4. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Start steam but do not launch the game. It should tell you what downloads are pending if any at thebottom of the main Steam screen. What does it say?

5. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Vale, I don't get any of that. I get, see pics below. This is what I get in order of the pics.
    Where do you want me to go from here?

steam2.jpg

6. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    It´s the screen with your library (second screenshot from original post with the RRE splash screen showing the game cars) At the bottom just above all the windows icons you can see downloads. Click on it and see what it says. In any case, in your first pic there was an issue with the download not installing so if nothing shows up then just delete the game and download it again from zero. You may want to back up the game folder on c drive first as it has car setups and config data.

7. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Looks like an issue with permission to access the Steam games folder. Could be something to do with Windows.

8. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    To be clear. Reply #1 is when I push the RRE icon. Reply #5 is when I push the Steam icon on my desk top.
    -------------
    This pic (downloads) is from the steam icon. I'm trying to avoid taking 32 hours of redownloading RRE.

I did get a new computer with win 11 in it about a week ago. But everything transferred over nicely at that time before maintenance shut everything down for a while. When RRE came back up the game was still working until Saturday evening.
    Screenshot (22).png

9. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Game was updated on saturday

Right click ,on raceroom ,in steam ,
    Properties/ verify files

Andi

10. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    The log in screen will not hold my log in info for Steam/RRE. But seems to do fine with other web sites.

11. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Honestly , i have no idea whats going on ,
    Can you launch steam?
    If yes , is raceroom in your library?
    If yes, can you right click it?
    If yes, go to properties
    If that works chose verify files

Andi

12. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Andi, It will not let me resume the updates and will not let me verify the files, working the steam icon.

Don't you guys have to go to work on Monday morning. I'm retired
    steam3.jpg

13. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    In this case you´ll probably be quicker uninstalling steam and RRE and starting again as in any case you are gonna have to install a 5GB patch.

14. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Oh thanks Vale, It's going to be quicker to take 32 hours of redownloading all the game? Some people look up to some of you guys. Some of you guys know more about the game than the Dev's. I'm going to give it a day or so. Maybe someone will come up with another idea or work around to try. Or have a question for me. Maybe it is Win 11 or something clashing with Steam/RRE. It's just life.

Thanks Vale

"Nash"

15. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Did you already try restarting your PC?

16. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    There was a steam client update at the weekend too. You could just wipe steam, delete all temp files using something like CCleaner and reinstall steam then see what happend, that will take 5 minutes max. You could also rename the RRE steam folder to force a new download of the game. If it´s just you affected then it is likely something basic like that.

17. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    majuh, I followed most of the instructions in Steam's Update & Installation Issues down to verify files. I was able to clear the cache and restart the computer if that is what you mean. Is that what you meant? When I push repair Win 11 (Do you want this app to make changes to your device?) came up. When I push yes Win 11 message disappears. It will not let me go to the repair app of steam any more like it did yesterday before I wrote this thread. Win 11 does say File origin: Removable media of this computer Program location "F:/steam/bin/steanservice.exe"/install. I got the impression that Win 11 believes that the repair link could harm my computer and will not let me go on to try the repair a second time.

------------------------------------------

Vale, in steam's Updates & Installation Issues it does say and give a link to reinstall Steam. I push the link and it try to install a setup but failed 3 times. Maybe it see's that Steam is already there so it fails. I went into programs & features and uninstalled Steam. It took an hour to uninstall. I tried to install Steam with the link in Update & Installation Issues again. It still failed 3 times again. Got any ideas to reinstall Steam?

Thanks

"Nash"
    steam4.jpg

18. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Doe everything take so long to perform on your PC? It shouldn´t do so maybe there is a hardwae issue too.

19. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Yes, that was what I meant.

Is F:\ your only hard drive? Your Windows user doesn't seem to have write permissions for that hard drive. I would try installing Steam in a different place.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    majuh, F:114GB, is one of 4 drives. 2 are thumb drives. I don't have room on my C drive for games. Games take up so much room. I don't know what you mean by "Your Windows user doesn't seem to have write permissions". What differences would it make. I had steam in the same folder as Raceroom (65GB) on F.

Vale, not really, this is a new computer (about a week old). Lenovo, AMD 8 core processor with 3.80 GHz, 32 ram, 12 vram on the video card. My old computer was a Dell, 4 core processor, 4 ram with no video card. I thought that steam was such a big program it took that long for the computer to uninstall.

"Nash"

Last edited: Dec 20, 2021