Problem Can't get multiplayer to work

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by daveswan, Feb 2, 2016.

1. daveswan

daveswan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Opened ports UDP 6000, TCP 6001, UDP6002 opened firewall ports to 8088. I have a dedicated server and 2 other pc's. Server I see in the multi server list but when I try to log in to my server it say's (server not responding) on both other pc's, one has bitdefender and other using windows defender. I aslo created a file which does not have the extension txt just the named (access) inside installation folder (servername:password) twice. So I thought I would try to log in to some other servers to find out I can't log on to any servers on pc with bitdefender the one with windows I can log on to other servers but not my dedicated server. I am at a loss. I really want to play this game with some friends. Can anyone help me figure this out. I am novice so I will do the best I can to follw instructions?

2. Raaf

Raaf Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Some routers don't allow to use your external IP nr - which the server list of RR3n supplies - from the inside.

In that case you can't play on your own LAN.

3. daveswan

daveswan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you I have been racking my head for months trying to figure it out. I bought Assetto Corsa couldn't get it to work then bought race room and same. I have been left with project cars and even though it has awesome graphics game play sucks. I called AT&T and as it turns out I cannot use an external IP also I am forced to use their router so there is nothing I can do. Is it possible to use the DMZ mode with the dedicated server and then be able to access the server?

4. daveswan

daveswan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Other option maybe I have my own router, I called AT&T but they are bumbling idiots and one tells me there is no option for using my own router than I call to cancel service and the other person tells me I can so if I cannot access external IP would it fix the problem upon using my own router? Thanks for your time answering these questions.

5. Paradox Agi

Paradox Agi Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Do you know your login data for logging in to your provider? If so, you can try setting up your second router and check if it works.

6. sunman333

sunman333 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    set up second router today with at&t. We set up second router passthrough with att router being nvg 589. Ported the new belkin router as seconday, confirmed the IP on second router from att router. Still get no response from server. One thing I like about project cars is you create your own server and it just works. I wonder why assetto corsa and raceroom doesn't work that easy. Does anyone have anymore suggestions as I am tapped. Thanks.

7. sunman333

sunman333 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I notice also I have no ping on the server list for my server I don't know if that matters. I can see car selection but when I choose car the no response from server message comes up.

8. Paradox Agi

Paradox Agi Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    So, your att router is no working as a modem? Can't you take out the att one completely? In the end it makes no sense to have two routers in your network. If you can't get the belkin one set up to work alone, it may be usefull to use the att as modem only. Assuming your att router is still the problem, I suggest setting up the new belkin as stand alone. Further, I don't know these routers, but, I remember some older routers I had before, which needed to assign a 'server' in the router configuration so my PC was finally able to act as an external server. And, as you have now two routers in the same network, make sure to disable the dhcp server in the att one.

As for PCars, I don't know exactly, but I thought pcars uses steam for networking, what usually is easier to setup as it does not need any port opening (at least it did not in Grim Dawn).

9. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2016