Can't lock camera to horizon in VR anymore.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vannipo, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Vannipo

Vannipo New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Well,
    I paused the game for a couple of months.

Now, I wanted to come back, but it not driveable for me anymore.
    In the past I edited e.g.

...\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\Cars\porsche_gt3r\Cameras\cockpit_driver_view.xml
    and changed
    <orientationSpeed type="Vector">0.00000000 0.00000000 0.00000000}</orientationSpeed>
    to
    <orientationSpeed type="Vector">{1.00000000 0.00000000 1.00000000}</orientationSpeed>

All of this is nessecary cause R3E doesnt offer any option to lock your camera to horizon and not to the car.
    THIS IS ESSENTIAL for VR driving!

With this the orientation of the VR camera wasnt locked to the car. So, I have a smooth camera which isnt making ANY bumb in my own head.

But this workaround doesnt work anymore. R3E just ignores the changes. But in other cameras it works. E.g. the ouside car cameras...

Sector3, can u please add an option to the menue? Or fix it that it ignores my XML changes?

Please, I cant drive anymore, cause this bumby camera causes motion sickness to me. Which is clear, because u make ur brain believe that ur REAL heads shakes all the time.

Regards
    Vannipo

2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Vannipo

Vannipo New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Ohhh my goodness!
    Thank you sooo much! Just thank you. Thank u again! And thank you.

U saved R3E for me!

That's why this line in the xml is ignored. Cause these two new options are exactly these values in the xml file I changed before.

Thank you and sorry for not have been able to find this solution in a thread by myself!

Regards!

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2019