Problem can't start RaceRoom anymore

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by 1978rocafella, Aug 15, 2018.

1. 1978rocafella

1978rocafella Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    hi, am located in the UAE (Dubai) but have other simracers with same ISP and they don't have the issues. and i did take my laptop to various places to test, was the same problem. just freezed on splash screen (starting). nothing happens. (i have DU as my ISP, i also got mobile router with Etisalat 4g/LTE, and same problem)

2. 1978rocafella

1978rocafella Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    did the log files help staff asked for? any indications what it might be?

3. Apandgab

Apandgab New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey 1978rocafella, I know this isn't much help but I have the same issue as you and am also a DU user in Dubai. Maybe it has something to do with the region or local ISP?
    Hopefully the issue gets solved because I'm itching to try out the new TCR content.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 1978rocafella

1978rocafella Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    so maybe Etisalat and DU blocked? but strangely two other guys here in Dubai, one on Etisalat (Jumeirah1) and other on DU (JBR/ Marina) can start without any problems...???? hmm??? completely confusing now...i have given up, since my test laptop would get same problem “splash screen, starting” gets stuck when i try it (JBR/ Marina) in his place. but with his desktop / simrig it starts...? (and we connected/ tested with same LAN cable even LOL not that it matters...) i still think has something to do with windows 10 64bit pro version updates/ patches or so, since my buddies have windows 10 home version. i can’t think of anything else, since it used to work flawlessly a few weeks back at my place/ on my rig (maybe 2-3months ago).

5. Apandgab

Apandgab New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I just tried a fresh install on my laptop which runs on windows 10 home version but it still won't launch. I'm honestly very confused and it appears we are just very unlucky....
    Hopefully someone comes up with a fix or they patch it soon. Until then, I guess we enjoy other sims.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. 1978rocafella

1978rocafella Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    :D other sims :)

7. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    What is your game installation path? Is the SteamLibrary directory at the disk root? Some directory named "game" in the path?

8. 1978rocafella

1978rocafella Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    @ChatCureuil have tried 3x drives, 4x different paths...nothing worked.

9. Apandgab

Apandgab New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    @ChatCureuil I have also tried multiple drives and paths on multiple devices. I have tried the steam root folder and none of the paths I tried had "game" in them. Nothing has worked so far for me neither.

• Like Like x 1
  10. 1978rocafella

1978rocafella Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    i find it more disappointing that support does not answer, nor get back to one. email/ logs and etc. nothing...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. chrisnj

chrisnj Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  12. 1978rocafella

1978rocafella Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    but nothing has changed for me, i am guessing the server hosts are blocked by DU (du.ae) here and Etisalat, but have 2x other friends who have no issues, in JBR and Jumeirah3. so no clue, unrelated maybe...

13. Apandgab

Apandgab New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The only solution I could find is using a VPN. I know that its not really legal and I can't race online due to bucket-loads of ping but its better than nothing.

14. matiasnseghezzo

matiasnseghezzo New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    tego el mismo problema . error de codigo 0 ,

15. cmackey

cmackey New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Same problem here in California. Been a few days now. Also zero response from support desk (if you can call it that). Did you ever get it working?

16. Maarten van Oosterhout

Maarten van Oosterhout New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Since this week I suffer the same problem, as it seems.
    Tried everything imaginable. There are not even log files available.. Apparently it fails early in the startup process already.
    Pinging the servers shows no internet issues. All other sims (Assetto Corsa, ACC, rFactor 2, Pcars2, AMS, ASM2 and even the old SimBin Race 07) are working.

Update:
    Maybe informative to mention the things I tried:
    - Removing all user data so beginning with fresh user profile
    - Check integrity of game files (again after removing file: common.kluns) and even full fresh install of the game
    - Clean re-install graphics drivers (Nvidia)
    - Disabling antivirus
    - Start with Admin privilages

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  17. FilthyJoker

FilthyJoker New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Same problem for me since yesterday.
    When i start the game i get the small splash screen and after a while i get the error code: 0

18. Lozmy

Lozmy New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello guys,

I have the same problem since yesterday. I'm unable to start the game anymore. When i start the game i get the small screen with the word STARTING... and that's all, nothing happens. When I check the task manager, it say's RaceRoom is not responding. I did the same things as Maarten van Oosterhout is describing. But unfortunately with no improvement.

Sector 3 Studios, please make a deep look into this problem. It is crucial! My location is Slovakia and I already know about three more simracers who have the same issue.

19. Stobalc

Stobalc New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    Can confirm that I have the same problem as Lozmy, but since this morning. When I click on the raceroom icon (RRRE.EXE) ,or start the game true Steam, The game starts up, I get the screen with the 3 cars, and starting.... message in the corner, but nothing happens afterwards... My location is Belgium, other race games in steam works normaly (ACC/AM2)

20. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys,

Can you detail your system specs please?

Thank you!

• Like Like x 1