Resolved Can't start server

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Paradox Agi, May 3, 2016.

1. Paradox Agi

Paradox Agi Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I was able to setup a server some time ago, but as I tried today, it tells me there was a steam update and I should update the dedicated server. But: The server and the game were update some minutes ago. Also I deleted all user files from the server and tried to reinstall it via steam, but the error still occurs.

Attached Files:

2. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Hi Paradox,

As it states in the log you attached. ([FATAL] 12:28:00 Event Loop 3 There is an update for RaceRoom Dedicated Server. Please get the latest one on Steam!)

We updated the dedi client on Steam. Please make sure you are running the latest dedi.

3. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Actually hang on, I think I see what's wrong.

A moment :)

4. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Ok all should be good now if you get the latest. There was a version mismatch.

5. Paradox Agi

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Yes. I know that, because the servers were down for maintenance and then up again. And after they came back, steam updated both, my client and server. Since then I get this message. Have there been multiple updates for the server tool today?

Edit: Sorry, was too fast... will check it now.

6. Paradox Agi

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Yes. Great. I can now create a new server.

I have another more general question to the server. It occured that I reinstalled windows long time ago and did not unregister a server I created before. As I wanted to set it up again, it's name was already in use. Is there anything I can do in a situation like this?

7. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Not for the moment. This is something we intend to fix later.

If you let me know the name we can remove it from our bound names list so you can re-register.

8. Paradox Agi

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Okay... If I have this problem next time, I can tell you to unregister old server names. Okay. I will try to manually unregister any server myself before resetting my system.

Thank you very much. :)