Car Setup Advice

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stefan Mizzi, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Hi Guys,

I'm a noob when it comes to car setups, usually I grab one from someone or change it a bit with the obvious!

But!...since a few R3E updates, the car in relation to the setup seems to have changed a bit..not sure...as I just cannot make the car turn into corners!

So basically I have lots of understeer (I think!...car not turning into corners)...and its not just once car but most of them. I have also noticed that the Steering Lock does not go up to 40 like before, but stuck, I guess to make it more releaistic. Its like no matter how much I turn the wheel...the car does not turn.

So I guess this is a characteristic of the default setups? So, what should I change in the setup please? :)

Anti roll bars..differentials??

Thanks!!
    Stefan

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  2. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    u probably used to jack up the rear wing and soften of the frount. that stratergie is less effective now. try and reduce rear wing were u can and soften the car all around

• Like Like x 1
  3. XXVI Sol

XXVI Sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    when u hit the wall with the hood its understeer when u hit it with the trunk its oversteer,so u have understeer
    these are a few ways to decrease understeer:
    increase toe in but not too much cause u lose top speed and tyres wear off quickly
    increase camber(mostly fore) same as above
    soften front springs/shocks/antiroll bar decreases understeer gives more traction but less response and harden rear springs/shocks/antiroll bar only if necessary cause it reduces traction and increaces oversteer
    this is a nice guide
    http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/assetto-corsa-car-setup-guides.99049/#post-1907640

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Thanks dude!!! And yes, I meant understeer :oops: