Car wishlist

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Christian G, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Maybe you'd like to share some cars that you'd like to see in R3E, and think it's somewhat realistic to get them.

My first one, fresh out the oven, BMW Z4's racing successor for 2016, the M6 GT3:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    4.4 litre V8 plus twin turbos will deliver 500 bhp.

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  2. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    787b
    [​IMG]
    Rx7 Fc Group a
    [​IMG]
    AE86/ corolla gts group a
    [​IMG]

• Like x 10
    • Winner x 2
    • Love it! x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Wonderful x 1
  3. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    One of these would be nice. GT3 of course.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  4. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    A bunch! :D

Attached Files:

• Like x 10
    • Agree x 5
    • Winner x 1
    • Love it! x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Wonderful x 1
  5. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Oh, and forgot.. :)

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Heppsan has it right. I'd love more old school cars from the 60's and 70's (especially the 60's). I think (once the open wheelers arrive) that we have a pretty good selection of modern cars representing most modern racing series. We do have some vintage race cars, which are all awesome, but as a huge fan of vintage cars I'd love to see some classic 60's racers like they were racing at Goodwood this past weekend. Mini's, Cortina's, Fairlane's, Alfa's, MG's, Triumph's, yes, yes, yes! :D If they also introduced the Goodwood circuit I would be in old school heaven!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yeash, classics very welcome.
    Got a special one in mind, kinda inbetween everything, though it could be included in GT3, or a classic GT class.

The Venturi Heritage GT3.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Announced in 2006 it never actually made it to the tracks, but it's an incredibly stylish GT3 that is often overlooked.
    They only built 6 of those, but it was homologated and approved by FIA for the GT3 class.
    Although bearing an Audi engine, it's visuals could maybe please some of the Ferrari fans, and it would be a unique addition.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Cool car, but IMO the last thing we need is another GT3-type car. Seems like nearly half the cars in R3E are some type of GT car and I think it would be great if they could branch out to different kinds of racing cars. Old cars would be my preference, but I'd also love a MX-5 class, or a Clio Cup, or a Megane Trophy, or something similar to the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge series (which are kind of like baby GT3's but I believe the cars are mostly stock road cars with a roll cage and livery added).

Just my opinion of course. I'm certainly not trying to poo-poo on your suggestion or anything like that. It just seems to me that GT3-type racing has kind of taken over the sim racing world lately, and since that kind of racing is already (very) well represented in R3E it would be great if they could diversify a bit and get into some of the lesser known or odd classes of racing.

• Like Like x 1
  9. goldtop

goldtop Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    That Saab 900 heppsan linked to would make this particular simmer (who drives a Saab 900) very happy :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  10. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Just to show how awkward we make things for developers, I have the exact opposite view to that - I'd love to see a game that had 18 homologated GT3 cars and nothing else rather than one that had 6 different classes of 3 cars in each. You might cringe at my suggestions in the next post therefore ;)

I fear diversity to the extent that Project CARS has and continues to develop, where there are several classes that I feel are 'incomplete' but new additions seem to be added at random to please a screenshot-friendly crown and not as part of a strategy to develop more in-depth racing. On the whole though, I'm happy with the balance that is struck in R3E and hope they continue to pursue both directions in future. The single-seaters aren't of great interest to me, but I hope each 'class' there could have multiple models, engine types and sounds (especially in the 'classic' field).

The cars I don't own in R3E are mainly the ones where there is only one or two in it, such as the GTO, Radicals and M1s. I think they're addressing this with the R18, where it won't be launched until the other Prototypes match it, and I think this is the correct approach. I fear that the Group C Nissan will be another standalone category at the moment, which will unfortunately rule it out for me.

However, at least on this forum, unlike some others, we can have this debate as adults and both make our points constructively.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  11. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I often feel sorry for the devs! lol Can't please everyone and sim racers especially seem to all want different things (and want them right damn now!). That's one of the reasons I'm always drawn to R3E, they do a great job of pairing cars together, having complete or nearly complete classes, and cover a rather broad range of cars. I enjoy one-make races but I really love seeing a grid made up of all different models that are well balanced to each other. R3E seems to do the best job of balancing the cars within a class too, they still have their minor differences but on average are very competitive with each other.

I personally don't care if every single car from the class is represented as long as there's a good amount of cars to make a nice looking grid. And I often switch between wanting to race modern cars and vintage cars, so a game with just one class of cars probably wouldn't even make it into my library. But that's just me. R3E, IMO, has a great balance of car classes and there's always something to scratch whatever itch I'm having. And their selection of vintage cars include some that I've always loved but have rarely seen in other sims.

I especially agree with your last comment, this is probably the friendliest and most well-behaved forum I've ever been part of, sim-racing related or otherwise.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    OK, I'll limit my first post to only a few options.

My #1 pick by far would be the Bentley Continental GT3. This car is a mainstay of current GT racing and championships like BES and GT Masters cannot be accurately recreated without them. I understand there are preventative issues with many cars, but I hope this one will be possible in the not-too-distant future.

[​IMG]
    (Bonus points for HTP's superb 'Belgian Flag' Spa 24 Hours liveries)

I know the Ferrari 458 GT3 isn't a realistic possibility, which is a great pity as it's arguably the most common GT3 car in the world. That said, you have done a great job with the likes of the RUF GT2, and soon GT3, and the Fabcar 935. The P4/5 would make an ideal Ferrari replacement for the GT2 category, but I thought I'd see if there would be an equivalent GT3 when I came across the Nimrod Zero, a separately badged machine built upon a 458 base. A fictional GT3 version of this would be ideal IMO.

[​IMG]

The Aston Vantage V12 GT3 takes on the Nurburgring 24 Hours each year, somewhat against the odds compared with the German manufacturers. It would be great to be able to build a VLN or N24 field with it.

[​IMG]

Slightly fictional perhaps, but I'd love to be able to create an American GT Series, combining cars from the Pirelli World Challenge field, TUSC GTD category and some semi-fictional liveries such as those on your Camaros, so the following would also be very much appreciated:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Other than the above, I'd love to see some of the new generation of GT3s, such as the new Audi R8, the McLaren 650S, the BMW M4, the Mercedes AMG GT, Callaway Corvette C7 and the Lexus RC F.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  13. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Lets spam Wilson's and Richard's emails with messages to allow Bentley and Aston Martin in R3E...:p

14. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    I'd very much like the see the Bentley added, for some reason that car in racing trim makes my trousers tighten. :rolleyes:
    But I'd still take a Lotus Cortina or a vintage Mini Cooper over it every time. :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Vanaja74

Vanaja74 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    my wish
    volvo pv 544, p1800, amazon, 142
    volvo-544.jpg Volvo-P1800-Racing-2.jpg
    Volvo_122_Amazon_DV-07_WG_04.jpg volvo1452.jpg

• Like Like x 9
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  16. Chris Schulze

Chris Schulze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Please the BTCC...;)

• Like Like x 3
  17. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Another series I'd love to see is the Trans Am series, preferably from the 60's/70's or the 90's/00's. The modern ones would be fine too, but I love the older cars.
    2351374318_917d54d344.jpg RDA39271-Small-550x236.jpg c9e02a96927b6aa8e70316fbc855c098.jpg 043e56e9243eb6b09373550ac4fe197e.jpg

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2
  18. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Just for making the GTR2-class more 2015 ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Corvette C7.R

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  19. skeno

skeno Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
  20. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I'm stealing a lot of of @Rodger Davies post (because of it's excellence)
    Group C cars
    Aston Martin (love this car in Project Cars and on mods in R07 and SCE)
    Bentley Continental (again fun in AC and PC)
    and a Left hand drive Nissan GTR.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2015