Car wishlist

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Christian G, Sep 16, 2015.

1. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    if you like classic 60's trans am check out "enzed touring car masters" it's a v8sc support category and has a range of fairly well balanced transam and Group N cars(and some of the old drivers). http://www.touringcarmasters.com.au/series-info/driver-profiles

• Like Like x 4
  2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    And maybe something for the GT1 class?

Upcoming Ford GT LM GTE
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Stunningly beautiful car (even though it looks like a pig on steroids from behind).

• Like Like x 5
    • Love it! Love it! x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    ahh eco boost still trying to make a meme but failing miserably... ford you will never beat vtech.:p

4. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Oh boy ..... thanks for the "once seen can not be unseen" paranoia i have now. :eek:

;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    IMO it would better fit in GTR2 as GTE is the newer Version of GT2 and the other GTR2-cars are/were GTE-cars too... Except the cadi...

6. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Aye, bit of a tricky one because the current GTE class will be sped up by several seconds next year, putting it at the same level, or even surpassing, the previous GT1 speeds. Either way, it would be weird to see the new Ford GT racing against an M3, C6R, the old Ford GT or Saleen.

7. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Yes please, I have dreams that when they revamp the prototype Class ( cause it's coming ) that the mazda 787b will be in that class. That car gives me a sim racing nerd boner !!!! :D:D:D:D:D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Rodger Davies

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I'd massively disagree with that. The Prototypes can match the 2011 Audi R18 in build, as they're clearly based on a similar ruleset (hopefully the fictional ones could be updated a little to include the fin) but there's no way a 1991 Mazda Group C car belongs in there IMO.

In a Group C class with the R90CK maybe (although I'd prefer the 767), but certainly not BoPped with modern prototypes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    True most likely would not be part of the P1 class, they mentioned during the dev stream that they might classify it by different Groups of prototype class.
    I just get overly excited by that car and want to race it NOW in raceroom ;)

Oh did I mention I really like prototype cars ? ... Just to make sure :p

10. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    the 787 is just an upgraded 767 both have similar a Wankel 4 rotor engine so i don't mind which one really, just the one that's balanced better i suppose. the 787 is more iconic because it won. the 767 was the first Wankle Rotory and the 787 was the last. as long as it screams twice as high and loud as the opponents i don't mind.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rodger Davies

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Haha, I see what you mean. I understood that separation that was discussed as the Audi, current prototypes and Radicals would be split into P1- and P2-type classes (maybe DPs would be balanced against P2s too) and Group C would be a 'historic' class of its own.

But I guess we'll have to wait on those a little while, but that's why we have threads like this to speculate :) Plenty of GTs to enjoy in the meantime!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Rodger Davies

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Very true, I was just basing that on the 767 being the same year as the R90CK that's already in development, but not a vast difference either way.

13. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    the 767 was also never in group c Mazda has a 787 sans b in 1990 when the R90CK was running the 767's were out of date but still running. (this is for le mans)

14. Rodger Davies

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    You learn something every day. Thanks for that. Is that why it ran with such a high race number (#200+)?

15. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    well neither the 1990 le mans neither 787's finished the race. I don't know how they choose numbers.

on another note i see why the 787b couldn't race with Nissan its only 1 year balance. the Volvo in group a class was 5 years out of date and they had no problem balancing it so one year wouldn't hurt;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Reading between the lines if S3 have spent all this time revamping GT3 physics and are so happy with it then it would make sense that they added some new cars to make use of it, I'm damned sure Jay is banging doors down as I write and even mentioned in last dev stream that they'd been talking to lots of prospective partners, so I will remain optimistic.
    I really don't care if a Ferrari has a Ferrari badge on or not, if the physics are fettled by the people who drive them then that's good enough for me. The 935 and RUF's are great to drive and fantastic to pass or be passed by on track, never have I thought they don't belong here, if it looks like a boot, feels like a boot then I'll kick something!

17. Rodger Davies

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    They mentioned that the GTR3 class would have the Corvette, Nissan and one other (Ford GT?) added to it, but no mentions of anything else just yet. Hopefully one or two others for the future.

18. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Nice. Is there any place to stream races from?

19. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    the races aren't protected by a exclusive coverage licences so people can post them to youtube without fare of losing their channels.
    www.youtube.com/user/RacingVolt uploads lots of races from v8sc support categories including touring classics.:)

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    good old stuff ...

1967 Chevrolet Chevelle Stock Car :eek: :cool:
    [​IMG]

1971 Dodge Charger Stock Car :) :cool:

[​IMG]

1989 Chevrolet Lumina Stock Car :cool: