Cars Sounds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AMG Vilas ®™, Jan 31, 2015.

1. AMG Vilas ®™

AMG Vilas ®™ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    One thing I do not understand why the sound is diferent only the n1 photo, the other three visions are such a file exists in the game to change em mod NOSE PIVOT

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  2. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    As I understand your request, you'd like to use the cockpit sound while driving in chasecam view? Or is it the other way around?

Anyway, as much as I'd like to please you (and a very small number of people asking for the same kind of feature), I need to say that most of the players usually prefer a classic and logical configuration, with cockpit sound in cockpit + hood views and external sounds on chasecam.

Right now, there is no plan to provide an extensive choice of sound sources through the R3E menu, which would require some significant programing time and therefore decrease the time allowed to develop some other features.

But it would be interesting to know what the other guys here think about it. Just cool to have but not a priority? or really necessary? ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  3. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    I'm fine with how it is right now. Cockpit sounds just onboard and exterior sounds only in external views. It's simply more authentic.

BTW, thanks Anthony and Sector 3 for the best sounds of all SimRacing titles. I have goose bumps while driving the screaming Zakspeed Capri. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  4. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    For some guys it might be cool to have, but I personally don't think it is necessary.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I think the way it works now is spot on. Also, I'd like to echo Ernie's sentiment; the sounds in R3E are incredible and a large part of the immersion - cheers Anthony.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. matteman

matteman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    I think it would be great if the "clutch gear change sound" could be improved. What i mean is when you engage the clutch on up shifts it doesn't sound like the engine is disengaging from the clutch plate. This also applies to the downshifts when heel toeing.
    if that makes sense?? Otherwise the sounds are spot on, immersive and the best of any current sim.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    I'm ok with the way it is now. I only wish volume to be turned up a bit more... say... +2db maybe

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Peter Eckhardt

Peter Eckhardt Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    For me it would be nice to the chasecam sound in cockpit view . These sounds are the bests in simracing so far but Sector 3 your right it is not real . When its possible to program it easily i ll pay for it

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  9. maxel

maxel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Would be nice to have but not worth the effort at the moment IMO.
    Time should be used for more important things. Plus i don't think a lot of people would use it.
    The onboard sounds are so good.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. AMG Vilas ®™

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    One thing I do not understand why the sound is diferent only the n1 photo, the other three visions are such a file exists in the game to change em mod NOSE PIVOT

11. RNTK

RNTK New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

start at 57 sec for two dimensional sounds of car, front to rear. Hope to hear this in R3E

12. maanzaadje

maanzaadje Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    R3E has the best sounds around, most cars have real sounds as reference. That's why Anthony visits tracks.
    That's also the reason I hope I will never hear fake sound effects from other games in R3E.

It's ridicules if you have to mod a game for better sounds.

13. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Just to refresh the spirit..
    Made this a bit ago

SOUND TEST: AC vs R3E vs REAL:

14. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    I think R3E already has different sounds for car approach and departure (front / rear), but IMHO it could be a little bit more pronounced. The sound while the car drives away could be louder, because of the exhaust(s) on the rear.

15. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    As discussed here https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...e-add-more-sound-effects.142/page-2#post-1270 , R3E is not using different samples for front and rear, only real-time frequency filters, which are simulating the natural sound propagation in the air ;) .

About the volume of cars driving away, it was requested by a few people, and it could indeed sound louder, so I'm going to look into it and see how to improve it.

• Like Like x 7
  16. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    This is great news! Thanks Anthony!!

17. AMG Vilas ®™

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    I still do not understand the sound Unlike cars, only with vision car sound is diferent, I want the same sound mod nose pivot, we can change the file personally

18. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    R3E isn't open for (personal) modding and that is more than ok for me. It has a closed system approach. If you want it any other way you have to pick a sim like AC, that do it completly the other way round...

edit:
    ...and that it is, like it is was clearly answered by the devs, so I don't see any point to dig further into this...

19. RNTK

RNTK New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    First off ,very authentic audio updates. !!

But, I am curious to know if there is a possibility to have interior cabin sound of cars (not including open cockpit cars) with more of "tin" resonance , like what Codemasters did in Dirt Rally? Most race car cabin areas are like sitting in tin cans, and I think this effect would really brighten up the interior sounds. Good work so far. !

• Creative Creative x 1
  20. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    I'd say.. Drive from cockpitview as soon as you can.. :cool:

Better immersion, better sounds, then you have your prefered audio..

Maybe cool to have but not necessary imo..