English [CFEG] Public Sunday Races 2000H BST

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by OverTheLine, Jun 27, 2016.

1. OverTheLine

OverTheLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    as I see....bloody hell, never get a job where you do night shifts, I swear im losing it

2. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    You lost it a long time ago buddy, your one of us now, part of the crew, part of the ship mwah hahahaah! :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. RedBreast

RedBreast Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    At least there's a pretty picture on the second post.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    Races are this evening at 2000 hours / 8pm GMT - see you all there :) going to be a good mix this evening

5. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Should be pretty good, great combo selection for tonight, particularly looking forward to GTR3/LMP2 @ Shanghai, sector 1 is one of the best combination of corners in racing for me, going to be awesome. :D

@OverTheLine are you actually going to be racing tonight or has work got in the way again?

6. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    I might be, am on lunch break at the moment, depends how traffic is on the way home so fingers crossed

7. Henri Puustinen

Henri Puustinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for this weeks race. Fun to race on Shanghai, even though it's no favorite of mine. Would've changed to GT3 due to being alone in P2 but missed the time for it. You guys in the top seemed to have a good tight race.

After around a decade of racing on my trusted G27 I made some changes in my setup. Found a Fanatec CSR FM wheel with CSR pedals in my local recycling central yesterday and took it home. All I needed to do was a firmware/driver update along with cleaning and tightening the optical encoder disc and PCB. Well, some serious cleaning and disinfecting of the wheel too. Like my brother said - "you might've saved a penny but you might also die of Ebola-HIV-Leprosy". :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had only practiced with it for a good hour and wow, it's like walking in freaking high heals on an ice rink. Will take some time to get used to the feeling compared to the G27. Also it seems that it sticks to one direction sometimes which spoiled race 1 on Red Bull Ring tonight. Will try to glue the encoder disc since I believe it might be slipping.

One week to go until Silverstone 90 min. Will need to take a decision whether to race with the old lady or my thrash-find.

8. Squidboy

Squidboy Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Was good fun tonight (at the back). Would like to see Shanghai feature again soon. Not really raced on there much but that track is a grower.
    Cannot belive i got pipped on the line in the last sprint ...ha oh well.

• Like Like x 1
  9. RedBreast

RedBreast Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Mwahahahaha. :p

Great races last night. Most with squid due to spins, slow downs and punts.
    Shanghai was a great too and fro battle, we must have swapped places at least 10 times!!

Then the last corner on the last lap on the last race.... it was all down to a remaining P2P, and a great exit thanks to Dan over shooting his braking!

All in all, some good clean racing at the back.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Seems you got used to it. Man, you were already more than fast enough with the G27 ;)
    Btw again very nice clean races last sunday. Shanghai qualifying time was a bit short to learn the track and find a setup. But it was a nice race and I would like to drive this track more often. My personal highlight was the finish straight on the Raceroom track - so close.

11. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    Next sundays race see's CFEG go to Silverstone for our monthly 90m multiclass events - these events are subject to sign up, and will be hosted privately as opposed to our usual weekly public servers... for more information either visit out steam group or our adjacent R3E forum post (Link below)

https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...nutes-of-silverstone-lmp2-gtr3-26-02-17.6759/

With already 26 drivers signed up now is a great time to fill the remaining slots of the grid. Clean racing is expected, and those who fail to comply can be subject to being banned from future races if complaints are received, Remeber these events are 90m long, anything can happen in that time. Race smart, Race Fair, Race clean, and have fun :)

Any questions then message me on steam or here on the forums.

2017-02-22 1226 0001.jpg

On a seperate note....we have made a minor change to our weekly schedule....week 3 (race 2) has been changed from LMP2 + GTR3 to simply just GTR3.....making it our very own mini Blancpain Sprint event. .. We found that without plenty of practice, many drivers did not drive the LMP2 vehicles, making it a fairly lonely 25m races for the few that did...that is an issue no more, as it has now been made a single class event.

12. Squidboy

Squidboy Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Polite request - Any plans to add Hungaroring, Sachsenring and Zolder to the track cycle? All great tracks, IMO Hung would be good for GT3, Sach great for classics, zolder - everything....

• Like Like x 1
  13. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    we will be adding some more tracks , most likely hungaroring first in fairness, sachenring is fairly underrated, might be fun for lmp2 and gtr3 there but will see :) we have already decided on new tracks for the next month, but ill consider them

14. Henri Puustinen

Henri Puustinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Question for @OverTheLine.

Would you guys consider racing the P1 and P2 as a multiclass, P1 and GTR3 as well as some of the open wheelers? I know many don't feel comfortable with single seaters but the FRR3 are good fun and easy to drive and race.

15. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    Sadly we dont have any plans in the near future to change our schedule. We are aiming on simply getting a routine and growing our community until its possible to host a championship, The cars introduced recently where voted for by our members, and therefore we have tried to cram in as many of the top classes in. as a result there is no further room in a month to include more classes without spilling over into another day of the week itself.

Races for this sunday

Meet - 2000H GMT (8pm uk time)
    Race 1 - Portimao National - GTO Classics - 10m
    Race 2 - Suzuka Grand Prix - GTR3 + LMP2 - 25m
    Race 3 - Bathurst (new) - WTCC 2015 - 10Min
    Any questions let me know.

16. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Bump!

Don't forget guys. See you at 8pm BST.

• Like Like x 1
  17. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    Racing starts in 15 Minutes :) - all welcome

17021675_749407291889440_5453421546501347287_n.jpg

18. RedBreast

RedBreast Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    So, how was it last night?

I couldn't make it last night, hectic drinking weekend meaning I wouldn't have been in a fit state to race!

Looking forward to this weekends racing though!

19. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
  20. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    Sunday Meeting - 12.03.17
    Track details announced below

Meeting start 2000 Hours GMT
    Race 1 - Hockenheim National - Group 5 (10m)
    Race 2 - Silverstone (Historical GP) - BMW M1 Cup (25m)
    Race 3 - Brands Hatch - KTM x-bow (10m)

Cya there