International [CFEG] Raceroom Endurance Series - LMP2 + GT3 - COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by OverTheLine, May 29, 2017.

1. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Good race guys. Was a tight qualifying @OverTheLine and close first two stints. I was wondering how the pace will look like on the long run and expected some guys to push really hard. But the attempt of an undercut didn't work out :p. Enjoyed the race and cu next time. Guess Suzuka will be a higher challenge in respect of traffic management.

2. G.Deurwaerder

G.Deurwaerder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Small note, GT3 guys, can you stay on their racing line when they P2 cares arrive, I had a collision with Rella (he was not guilty lol) Sorry for the collision Rella, but I thought you saw me arrive. ;)

for the rest of the race it was wonderful:):););)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Oreos

Oreos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Well done to all. Fuel for me was really awkward, was coughing into my pitbox on my second stint and went 1 lap earlier on my first, so I was about 2 litres short, stopped and Ortner went through. Third overall happy for that considering I've never driven the track.

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  4. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Congratulations on the win @Rella

Some good moments in my race but I was at a disadvantage from the start, forgot to add fuel before going to the grid, by the time I realised, I only had 12 seconds to get back into the car setup and add as much fuel as possible, I got to 78L (was supposed to be 91L) and back on the grid with a second to spare.

Fuel calculations were way off anyway, more on that to come.

First stint was pretty solid though, bogged down off the line but felt fairly comfortable following the front 4 guys and even managed the fastest lap (low fuel and draft assisted no doubt), spent a couple of laps calculating how much extra fuel I'd need to add to my presets and faffed around in the pit menu for a bit.
    @OverTheLine made a slight error at one point and went wide which let me into 4th and I was getting pretty geared up to have a go at J.Mook but then he made a mistake and went off so I was up to 3rd.
    @Connor was next and the list, pace was good but I was getting low on fuel, cruised up to the back of him and then he made a slight mistake and drifted pretty much the entirety of T6-7 (Looked very impressive), I thought I could go through on the inside while he was fighting for control but as I did, his car gripped and I speared into his door... Bugger!
    Kudos for giving me the place though mate, when we rejoined.

@Connor got back through a lap or two later after I convinced myself he was trying to kill me :D

Pitstop came, 104L should have been safe, was put way back due to the longer stop and collision with Connor etc but second stint was solid if uneventful, no major cock-ups.

2nd pitstop, 91L, and on to the 3rd stint but by this point I knew something was wrong, timings for fuel hadn't worked out at all, I was going to run out of fuel with time remaining.
    Connor made a late stop or a mistake or something and I was back into third by about 9 seconds, 12 minutes to go and I was trying my damnedest to save fuel, a lot of lifting and coasting.
    With 5 minutes to go I knew I'd have to stop again but Connor had caught up. I wasn't sure if Matt had enough fuel to finish or if he'd need to stop again so with the lap of fuel I had left, it was team-play time.
    @Connor sorry mate, must have been hugely frustrating, I was hugging the apex's and taking my time about it but making sure I got the exits right and then pitted for a splash and dash (14L) with 3 minutes (2 laps) to go, I ran out of fuel entering the pit box. Ironically, 14L wasn't quite enough either apparently and I ran out of fuel as I crossed the finish line too.

7L a lap should have been safe, working out the fuel earlier, it was around 6.4L a lap, so what happened and why it increased, I have no idea, pace hadn't changed, driving style hadn't changed... very strange.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  5. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    and I thought you were fed up when I passed you just before the finish ;). Fuel is always very tricky and I'm more conservative since I had to do a splash and dash. Btw I checked Georg's video and I don't think I would ever dare to go onto the last lap before pitstop with that amount of fuel ;) But it worked out, well done!
    Woud like to underline that :D.
    Actually traffic management was fine especially with the fast pack. Sector 2 was quite tricky and I tried to give room where possible but stay on my racing line to be predictable. I think where both classes lose the most time is when the LMP2 class hesitates too much or can't trust if GT3 stays on the racing line. Had a contact much earlier with a DHL car in T10. Fortunately I could proceed but some parcels came a bit late this evening. Lost a lot of time earlier when trying to give room.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Connor

Connor Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    In the last 20 minutes or so when i was being chased by @OverTheLine i made the decision to just let him go and try to save fuel. Got my fuel down to about 5.8L a lap but was still massively under for the finish. If you had stayed out and battled me to the finish @D.Boon i would have been a DNF. After you went in the pits the next 2 laps were taken very slow for me and i nearly died on the last corner of the last lap with that 1% front left tyre. If i had still been battling you for those laps i would have blown the tyre somewhere and binned it. So very lucky for me actually.

7. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Damn, if only I'd taken an extra 14L, we could have had a "who can go the slowest" race to the finish :D

It was good fun though mate, enjoyed our short battles :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. OverTheLine

OverTheLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    I really need to stop doing these before work :p - race De-brief released, the standings have not been complete as of yet due to an investigation between the #2, #84 + #19 cars, please can you contact us on discord when able via message, thanks

here is the de-brief (sorry for any spelling mistakes, im off to work in like 5minutes :p )

https://www.chequeredflagendurance....res-round-4-slovakia-ring-de-brief-highlights

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Krystian Sulkiewicz

Krystian Sulkiewicz Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Hi OverTheLine
    I have a problem with login to discord. How to do it properly?

10. Rirdeg

Rirdeg Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 3
  11. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    We are still accepting Sign ups :) Just take a look at some of our highlight videos, the racing is close and respectable. join the fun today!

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  12. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    With Round 5 of RES fast approaching Raceroom have announced a 30% discount on the track of Suzuka. This is a great time to sign up to the championship and join the fun!..visit page 1 of this article, or out website for full details :)

see you on grid!

suzuka sale.jpg

13. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    Only a few slots remaning per class for RES.
    - Dedicated, secure and stable server
    - Discord
    - Professional website, easy to navigate
    - Live Streams
    - Highlight videos

Everything you need is Here at CFEG, with Season one soon to finish, Along with Season two expanding on all fronts. Now is a great time to sign up to the No.1 Group on Raceroom that hosts Endurance, multiclass events.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Svennixx

Svennixx Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    @OverTheLine you already know from talking with you on discord but so that other people know: I have to take a joker at suzuka. Wont be able to make it that day sadly :(

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    Ye thats not problem buddy :) be shame you cant make it but, real life happens and thats why we give you all the ticket at the end of the day. Will see you at spa for the big one though :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    There is just 6 days until the next round of RES! Get those practice laps in, dial your setups and get ready for a showdown. We head to the prestigious track of Suzuka for round 5/6. The points in both classes are close, no mistakes can be made here. There are still slots left if your looking to join, join RES today :)

17. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    2017-10-24 1500 0007.jpg

RES - Round 5 is upon us! This Sunday our participants will visit the prestigious track of Suzuka for Round 5 of the Raceroom Endurance Series. The points are close in both P2 and GT3, with everything to gain and possible everything to lose, who is going to come out on top?

You can read the Pre-Race post on our Website: https://www.chequeredflagendurance.com/forum/raceroom-endurance-series/res-round-5-is-upon-us

There are still a few vacant spots remaining, just visit out forum here for full details: https://www.chequeredflagendurance.com/forum/raceroom-endurance-series

Be Part of something, Be part of CFEG!

18. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    The highlight video for Slovakia ring has been released :) again well done to the winners, was a great race. lets see who will conquer the Track of Suzuka this sunday :)

Few other bits of info for you
    - Password will be published on discord this afternoon (but will only change before the race)
    - you can also read the Pre race briefing for suzuka on our website here: https://www.chequeredflagendurance.com/forum/raceroom-endurance-series/res-round-5-is-upon-us

See you all sunday :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  19. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    raceday.jpg

Race day is upon u as round 5 of the RES heads to Suzuka. get those last practice laps in before the lights go green this evening as lmp2 and gtr3 will take on this prestigious circuit. There are still x4 slots remaining so sign up if you think you have what it takes.

IMPORTANT - dont forget the clocks went backlast night in the uk. meaning we are now in te same time zone as GMT, so make sure you turn up that extra bit early if your in europe. Here is a countdown to the start of qualy, just in case - https://www.timeanddate.com/countdo...room+Endurance+Series+Rd+5&ud=1&font=sanserif

• Like Like x 1
  20. Joeks

Joeks Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Hi all, I'm really sorry guys, but again I can't compete tonight's race because of private matters:confused:..hope you'll understand as I missed out on a huge bunge of races in this Championship:(.. I hope I can still join the remaining two races? My Dad will join tonight do:)..I'll plan better next saison.. my appologies..

Good luck all!!:D

Greets, Jer