Championship Results?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ozcanuck55, Nov 12, 2015.

1. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    I don't have a lot of spare time for longer races, but I finally managed to finish my DTM 2013 Experience championship after slowly working my way through!
    I did not podium ( set the AI too high or just too slow) and was disappointed that when the final race finished, the whole thing just disappears. No record of results or anything. I thought that perhaps it might still be in the Championships section, but there is nothing. A bit of a let down after all my hard work.
    Being able to check the stats would be very helpful.
    Will this be any different when I finish my ADAC 2014 Experience Championship?
    I would not expect it in Custom, but it would be nice if it was part of our Profile or kept in the Championship section as an archive.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Riverside

Riverside Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    I can tell you it is not in custom either, it is just a missing feature for all I know.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    That's something I've missed from the start a colecting of achivement and racing data, there isn't even timestamp in replays clock is still the lap counter is working so so... I miss DATA! think there should be a high priorety on that specialy now when there are so many great tracks coming and so many different series to race in.. :/

• Like Like x 2
  4. Nigel Fox

Nigel Fox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    I very much agree. A results database shouldn't be hard to implement. I would also love to create and save a range of custom championships by name. It looks like we should be able to, but nothing is saved in the Event Maker. Maybe when they give us saveable setups, they could work on this in tandem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    This is a bit confusing that it's not available, considering all the stats that are already collected on your profile page.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    yeah, I think I made a post when I finished my first season....I was like....wtf just happened? Dissapointing after the joys of the season.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

There is a screen that appears when you finish a championship, but unfortunately it only does so if you win the championship. This is a vestige from the short deadline we had for DTM 2013, and it has sadly since fallen to the wayside as other features/tasks have been given higher priority.

It is (along with some other parts of the UI/UX) one of the things we most want to improve. We can unfortunately not give any dates as to when these improvements will appear, but we want you to know that we are aware of the issue.

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. Nigel Fox

Nigel Fox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    I won't give you anything but a gentle razzing about the situation, because first, I only have the foggiest notion how difficult it is to make a racing game, and what pressure the team is under. In particular, I'm sure the physics, tire modeling and all, cause you guys no end of headaches, and you have to give priority to the important stuff. And the money guys, egh... :(

Second, what the team has produced so far is so wonderful, and more goodies are forthcoming, I'll be content to wait for it. Some here could stand to learn some patience, because a few people are downright grumpy!

We're kind of stuck with a RaceRoom which is being made in sections with Experiences, and then fixes, features and things being added in-between when time permits. I guess some of us don't like the fact that most games which have been worked on for a few years are at 1.0 status, while RR is still 0.3. Yeah, that is rather strange. But, it is such a GOOD 0.3 that I'll just make suggestions, keep playing, and enjoy the waiting game that so many are used to by now. ;) It was pretty sweet getting my first updates to R3E, and I look forward to many more to come.

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention that what I do to commemorate my championship wins is take a screen grab of the final results screen. It's about all we have right now, but it is an okay little trophy. o_O

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  9. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    You could also track your races with the championship tool in my signature. As long as you race with same car against same people it would automatically treat those as a season. yes not the same as an ingame experience, but well... Alternatively S3S discloses championship file format and we just extract the data from there to generate the html reports or so?

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Well said Mr Fox, the I want, I want attitude apparent now and again grinds me, so must really peck at the Dev's, especially when they know of the issue, are working flat out to sort it but tied by following a schedule predetermined in an already congested roadmap.
    Personally I feel confident that the team are heading forwards (yes we'd all like it done yesterday but SMALL team, as we all know) hence why I am happy to invest my money into it this project, my choice, if; in the future I feel they are heading in a direction I'm not so happy with then things may change, again my choice and there it is again, choice, everyone has the option to buy what they want and are not forced to buy content they will never use, where is the problem, price? cheapest hobby (other than playing in a puddle as a 4yr old) I've ever had, great bunch of folks on the forum, approachable Dev's and a great Sim, far, far more pro's than con's!

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    After poking around in Advanced Statistics, I found if you choose the Experience type and Championship mode, you do get some overall stats for your championship, but not details for the individual races.