Released Chang International Circuit aka Buriram

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You quite sure you haven't been a naughty boy this year? Cause you know what Santa will bring to those lads... ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Yes,NSU TTS......:p

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  3. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Exactly. It's what badasses prefer to drive. :D (Actually I have no clue, as always).

But FR2 would be a perfect match for this beautifully made track, so...

4. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Just had a few laps, interesting track, great for the Audi TT's whilst we wait on open wheelers, flat but flowingish, nice and easy to learn for an old fart like me and of course beautifully executed by S3, another interesting track and unique, good job guys!

• Like Like x 5
  5. Jan Stange

Jan Stange Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Insta bought the track. There's a very nice flow and some great scenery to discover. Basically brilliant in terms of quality, as usually.
    Big praise and thanks to @Sector3 Studios!

Now we only need in video shown new WTCC Season. :)

Greetings Jan

• Like Like x 3
  6. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    What about a "Pacific-Christmas-Trackpack" now ;) ?

• Like Like x 2
  7. jayblue

jayblue Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Got the track and ran some laps in the Prototypes, Aquilla and Radicals. Has a nice flow to it and plenty of overtaking chances. As usual texture work is excellent, it looks particularly good at sunrise. Also nice to have the shorter layout as an option, great job S3.

• Like Like x 2
  8. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Just took a quick look at the Silhouettes racing there - track looks awesome and the AI certainly seem to be enjoying it, getting properly stuck-in :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Great job, Sector3. Really enjoying this track. I like its flowing, fairly straightforward layout with plenty of overtaking opportunities.

It's a Tilke track but don't judge a book by its cover!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Normally I'd look at this track, with its huge tarmac runoffs and formulaic layout, and not think twice about it, but a couple of months ago I tried Paul Ricard on a free weekend and lhave loved it ever since.

So if you can convince me Paul Ricard is an interesting place, I'll certainly buy this to give it a try, especially as a track I've never tried in any other sim and in an exotic part of the world.

Must say, whoever is deciding which tracks to include is doing a fine job of striking a balance between classic circuits (Nurburgring, Spa, Silverstone) and smaller ones I wouldn't have known much about otherwise, such as this and Slovakiaring.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    And another racing buy this week. I'm off to getting it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Good price.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    This. Track selection of R3E is the best at the moment IMO, bar none. It is just not the amount of tracks, but they produce us tracks that are rarely seen in other sims even as mods. That definitely adds flavour to the game and excitment when these new tracks, that are pretty unknown to general public and even many enthusiasts, are released. There is almost some sense of discovery here :p

It is awesome that S3S is releasing Nords as it is perhaps the most famous track in the world. At the same time, it is also available as a release/dlc or mod track to pretty much every major racing sim and every simracing fan pretty much demands it for his/her favourite game. I will definitely buy it for R3E, but somehow I still find it a bit... worn out. Damn track is just everywhere! It is like the number one billboards pop song playing from every mainstream radio station weeks and months on: no matter how catchy the tune is, you just get fed up with it at some point. So somehow I'm expecting these kinds of "small" releases more as they truly offer something unique ;)

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 5
  14. Mue

Mue Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    nice track

15. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Of the past 3 hours, over one hour was spend on this track.

It is made to the visual standards we all got used to expect from Raceroom, and in this regard, it does not dissappoint. But when I do not get warm with this track, this might be due to the track driving being boring like you-name-it, and the location being flat, empty, and uninteresting. Thats is not a criticsm of the track artists of Sector3, if the location looks like this, then this is so. But I do not like the location and track then.

Only three or four other tracks in Raceroom I have so huge desinterest in, like in this one. Daytona Infield, Lausitzring on my mind. All for the same reason: just flat, empty, featureless.Moscow also is flat and empty, but at least the track layout is interesting and challenging to drive.

Price of 4 Euros is okay.

Technically: it'S well done. My personal interest: almost non-existent. No offense meant, just frank feedback.

16. Jack Mitchell

Jack Mitchell Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Sector 3 - Awesome job! Turn 3 is quite something in a WTCC car

(Makes up for the boring piece of Tilkeness that is turn 1 through turn 2)

17. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    *pedant alert*

Actually, you probably mean turn 4. Turn 3 is the hairpin at the end of the first long straight after turn 1. Turn 2 is the ever so slight left hand kink in that straight. It's a bit stupid really.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Just had a few laps on both layouts with an Audi TT.
    A really nice flowing track for such a flat track, I like it! :)
    And as said, nice with a new unfamiliar track that I haven't heard of or seen before!

19. TheFlash

TheFlash Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Buriram isn't special in any way, neither in terms of visuals nor in track flow, but I bought it. Tracks which aren't represented in racing sims very often are always a instant purchase for me, whereas I only buy some chosen classic tracks. I have more fun racing on new tracks than driving classics were I already raced hundreds of hours in many racing games over the last decades (e.g. Laguna, Nordschleife, Barthurst are in almost every sim). Tracks like the "first time in a racing sim" Buriram or rarely seen ones like Red Bull Ring, Portimao, Shanghai, Hungaroring (...) make the track selection of Raceroom stand out!

A good choice for the next rarely seen track would be Bahrain. A Tilke track, yes, but a good one. Beautiful visuals due to the desert location and the colorful painted run-off areas, smooth but noticeable elevation changes, plenty tight and low speed corners. ... should suit very well with the upcoming formula Raceroom :rolleyes: (and of course any other class)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Did you already try the D-layout? Cause personally I found that to be way more entertaining than the full one during testing, especially in mp. Admittedly, mostly with cars that aren't released yet and rhyme with "Elnora's base-broom". ^^

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2015