Change in FFB without touching the settings

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrLu, Nov 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. MrLu

MrLu New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys,

today I experienced something really really weird: this morning I played R3E and chose to drive some GT3s at Macau, I immediatly noticed that my car handled or better said feeled a lot different than I was used to. The FFB was much more precise, i could feel the understeer like never before as there were huge vibrations every time the car wanted to go straight. The FFB in general felt like it had a greater resolution than before but the holding force of the wheel was noticeable less than before. I drove the whole morning and really started to fell in love with this FFB as I dont really made much correction to the standard settings of my wheel in R3E. 20 or so minutes ago i fired up R3E again and started driving the same car/track combination again and was really disappointed as the great feel of this morning was gone and it felt like before again. I did not change anything in the R3E settings or in my wheel settings. Sadly I did´nt screenshot the settings this morning. Can anyone explain this or has experienced the same thing?

Best Regards

Luca

2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Sorry Luca that I don't have an answer but AFAIK that isn't the first time that such a Topic came up - so I just want to leave a tag here ;)
    @J-F Chardon wasn't that a thing you were searching for?

3. MrLu

MrLu New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I have never read about this problem, but still I wish i knew what caused this...
    Anyway, can anyone tell me how to get this nice FFB for understeer?

4. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Drive backward

5. MrLu

MrLu New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Very helpful...

6. schielchen

schielchen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    I'm experiencing the same thing.
    Fanatec Porsche GT3RS with V2s
    Thought it was strange so didn't report.
    Thanks @MrLu for bringing it up :)

7. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hm, I only heard about that from Fanatec-Owners... maybe it is something driver-related?!

8. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
  9. Badders46

Badders46 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I had a similar thing a few weeks back with my G29... But went from having a nice feel to having wishy washy feel... Although it has gone back to how it was with a driver reinstall, every now and then it goes very wishy washy... I am currently in talk with Logitech although have put a t300 on my Christmas list!!

Hope you find the cause!

10. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Maybe first check that your FFB profile is the same in every case, when you get the good and the wrong FFB, just to check that some profile is not changing by itself.

11. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    I just got two profiles, one to race and one for camera steering with xbox pad when wathching replays.
    So if I happened to use the wrong profile. I cannot use my wheel.

12. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried using the ffb meter? It has very helpful for me to dial in my g27. In fact using that helped me for the first time to get a clear understanding of how I wanted my wheel to feel. And gave a guide line of what I wanted all my sims to feel like.

13. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    FFB meter doesn't change, afaik, wheel is great w/o clipping

14. MrLu

MrLu New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    For me it was definetly the same settings because I only have one profile which is mostly standard.
    @schielchen I am aware of the understeer setting and I have set it to 80 I believe, but as my FFB changed I had a completly other feeling of the understeer than just dialing in the understeer setting.
    @GregoryLeo I paid close attention to the FFB meter and it looked definetly different than usual, much less clipping in fast corners and in general much more little FFB effects.

15. MrLu

MrLu New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Any news on this or maybe an "official" statement from the devs?

16. XXVI Sol

XXVI Sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    I use a DFGT so this is probably irrelevant but i'll say it anyway:p
    I have a universal profile in logitech profiler and when I'm playing for example rre and then switch to AC,in AC I will have the feel of rre ffb and vice versa.The solution is just end logi profiler exe and reopen before starting AC

17. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    I've xperienced some strange behaviour with my fanatec v1 as well. Ffb reset to default. The good thing is I like these better than what I had previously and can feel the understeer much better

18. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
  19. Alexander Asner

Alexander Asner Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I had a similar problem too. Without any changes to the wheeI or the game I suddenly have a spring force at low speeds that I didn’t have before. Fanatec Elite PS4 here.

20. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Did you have any difference in fuel amount?
    Reason I ask is I drive the Corvette Callaway mostly and feeling in FFB on that car is really big from when it have max fuel to almost empty. With max fuel it feel very heavy and FFB is really pronounced feels great but with less fuel as in almost empty the FFB only get heavy and precise in high G turns and over all feeling of it is a lot weaker.

First time I noticed this I didn't realize I had different amount of fuel and thought something was off with FFB settings but it was not since I didn't change it.. so I started to look for when and why it happens and noticed fuel amount in car made the difference in how heavy and precise FFB behaved. Kind of CooL IMO :D

Edit:: yeah right! I have the T300 GTE Edition... and modded pedals.. ;)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018