Change Infamous Macau turn

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Haris1977, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Thats exactly what im saying. Although i wouldnt go that high on the ratio (as i said i go from 540 to 580 on the gt3s)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  2. Haris1977

Haris1977 Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Ok i will check that when i will have the time. Thanks

Just a quick question. Has anyone managed to get through that hairpin with stock (wheel range + lock steering) settings only with the help of "bus stop" sign?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  3. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    @Haris1977 You can easily calculate the exact values if you like:
    Say you are used to drive 540 degrees rotation with 18 degrees lock (540/18=30) If you now want more lock to get around tight corners, say 20 degrees without changing the ratio: you get 20*30=600 degrees of rotation. And as you've noticed, you won't get any difference in sensitivity.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    While one can do that, it messes up the simulation of real wheel rotation angles. Its better to just adjust wheel lock on this track, for that corner, as part of the individual car setup. Yes, the car reacts more sensitive on the rest of the track as well. But isn't that the case in real world driving as well? The steering ratio should be adjusted once only, in accordance with the hardware wheel being used, and the never to be touched again. If ithe hardware wheel one uses has a 1080 rotation, the value in the game should reflect that (1080 or the half: 540, I am a bit disoriented right now). Set it, and then never go back untl you use another wheel on your rig with a different rotation.

The clever calculation game mentioned is too much headwork for me. Just resetting the wheel lock is fast, and efficient.

5. Haris1977

Haris1977 Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I agree with @Skybird . I will stay with just altering the steering lock for that specific track. That's because i do not want to change anything in my logitech's profile.

Thanks for your thoughts!

6. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    No idea what teams can and cant do in real life so i cant really comment on how realistic that approach is. But i only started doing it after seeing it on one of georgs streams and if hes fine with it then so am i :D

You dont have to change anything in the profiler or at least i dont have to. You just need to change the value right above steering lock in the game

7. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    I only us default values

8. Haris1977

Haris1977 Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Ok, thanks guys will try it asap:)

9. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    I said in the second or third post that I only use default.

10. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Funny that this thread comes up while I'm preparing for a 2 h GT3 guest start @Macau - love it, the one and only Endurance-(City-)Hillclimb in the world I guess :)
    Most of us are down to 360/20. It might feel lose for some but it's a matter of one practice session to get used to and of course you also can compensate via slight setup changes. I've read a lot of things about how to apply and adjust the steering and many other things in a correct, realistic manner in simracing but in the end it's all theory and comes down to what suits your driving style and the conditions you have to race under best. That which gives you 100% confidence you can control the car in every aspect of this special track & event. This also includes to rethink your approach in general (from racing line to setup decisions) & from time to time, if you wanna go really fast.
    And if you're racing in highly competitive community or esport events and leagues sooner or later you will have to come up with something new or different if you wanna stay competitive.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    What kinda times are yall running to end up trying out such extreme values? :D